No 2nd Game Today

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

No 2nd Game Today

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:29 pm

You have to love the " jeaniarses " of TV programming, only having two games today and one cancelled, maybe next year when the poor exhausted Premier Players have to fly away for a week because they play so much they will organise the schedule to have at least 3 games each day of a weekend .
gillsfan1066

Re: No 2nd Game Today

Postby Garawa » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:50 am

You can see Liverpool's point though. They have played 6 Champions League games all bar 3 others won't play. They have played in the European Super Cup and also featured in the World Club Championships so have played more games by far than any other EPL side. If you don't include the Shrewsbury replay and their league cup match against Villa where they used their youth players, they will have played 39 matches already this season. This is exactly the same number as........the GILLS!

OK, I admit there are national games to include as well but they do have enough players to field 5 full strength teams. We have enough for, at most, 1 and a half teams. WE don't get a midwinter break. Nobody is concerned about OUR players burning out. We will play more games than Liverpool this season and nobody bats an eyelid. I'm hoping for a huge snowy downfall after the winter break window ends so they end up with a huge fixture congestion and we can laugh saying "shouldn't have had two weeks off then"!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:54 pm

I don't get it, if you get two weeks off doesn't the fixture list get more congested ?
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:22 am

They've destroyed the FA Cup by taking it out of a weekend and into a midweek game with no replays. That's one weekend taken care of. I believe the other is that they staggered the break over 3 so a couple of teams played one weekend and then swapped over. Basically, they get 2 weekends off over the space of 3 weeks.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to Football Discussion