England.

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

England.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:48 pm

This has got to be the most stupid football match of all times ,England in Croatia with no fans in the stadium watching the game . Why punish the English team and fans , for some idiot Racist in Croatia . The game should have been played in England and no tickets sold in Croatia, that I would have understood, but this is just to stupid for words.
I am now convinced that this tournament is as stupid as the Checker Trade Cup or what ever it is called that we got knocked out of on Tuesday.
gillsfan1066

Re: England.

Postby bunburygills » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:07 am

I read the other day that top players in the top teams in Europe are playing up to 65 games in a year. Utter madness. About time the Premier league was reduced to 18 teams and the championship to 20 teams with far better funding to make it 1 div and 2 divs of the premier league. Have a hard look at how many cups and friendlies are played and ensure no player plays more than 50 games in a year. Players would probably get another 2 years at the top level and there should be a higher standard of game being played. They say clubs would lose some revenue. Easy, stop paying monopoly money for transfers and stop paying weekly wages that no president or prime minister in the world receives. They could even start playing their home grown youngsters instead of selling them off for peanuts to overseas clubs then buying them back a year later for colossal fees. I would still be in favour of having restrictions on foreign players in each team. Maybe brexit might make that happen. At the moment, football is just greed, greed and more greed. Compare some of the prima donnas in the top leagues to the champions of not long ago. I think it's all a bit sad really.
bunburygills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:00 pm

I have no sympathy with players playing 60 games a year,it's not like they have to take a charabanc to Barcelona to play, or even carry their own bags, pay me 130,000 quid a week and I will walk to the dam games.
Every country with pro football has it's top four or five teams and they are there for years, every once in a while a Leicester or Blackburn comes along, then in a year or two disappear sometimes into the third division,BUT at least they give their fans a couple of years of top flight football, something GFC I don't think will ever do.
I think FIFA decided that the old system of two foreign players per team was their decision, don't think Britex will make any difference.
I must be honest I have watched less soccer this year then ever before, I find crying ass hole managers like Mourinho make me want to puke every time I see them, it's a good job I am a rotten shot and miss the TV every time I throw something at it when they come on the screen .
I don't know what I really want to watch anymore, Chelsea playing Manchester City used to excite me, not any more, I would watch Watford play say Fulham , not any more , I find myself watching National League football if a Kent team is playing, and apart from that if there's a game on, ho hum, probably watch it with "one eye" and do something else at the same time.
Never thought I would feel like this about footie, but just slowly loosing interest.
gillsfan1066

Postby Goalmouth » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:58 am

Top players play a lot of games certainly, but FIFA and UEFA have made the situation worse by making, what were straight knockout competitions European Cup, and Cup Winners Cup/ Fairs Cup into league based competitions. The continual increase in size of the World Cup, plus the introduction of the Nations League or whatever it is, just makes the situation worse. It's all down to generating bigger and bigger sums of money. It is the same with Cricket, where we now have matches played at unseasonal times of year just to fit all the games in.

Mind you, I can't see anyone suggesting that the Gills players end up playing too many games.
Goalmouth

Return to Football Discussion