Tony Pulis

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Tony Pulis

Postby Rimshot » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:22 pm

I see that Pulis is under pressure as manager of Stoke because of 'disappointing' performances this season. They are 11th in the Premiership...WTF was the club expecting ?
Rimshot

Re: Tony Pulis

Postby Elgrande » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:46 pm

Bought a load of duff strikers for a lot of money though!
Elgrande

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:27 am

Problem is it is easy to fire someone, but who are you going to replace him ? I look at a team like Villa chugging along nicely under old misery guts for the last few years, they let him go( I know it was different circumstances) but look at them now.
Can you imagine being a supporter of any other club in the Premier Division other than Man Utd, Man City or Chelsea and expecting to win the title, it just ain't going to happen.
Time to have a salary cap, make the playing field even, or is a Man Utd. dynasty something football needs??
gillsfan1066

Postby Rimshot » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:33 am

Fair point ElG but by comparison with the Andy Carroll 'investment', for example, those fees look fairly tame.
Rimshot

Postby Garawa » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:23 pm

I don't understand how fans claim the manager to be the best ever, sit comfortably in what has to be the only league clubs want to play in and then want him removed. Suddenly they expect to be better who? Arsenal? Spurs? Liverpool? Certainly not Chelsea or the Manchester clubs so what exactly are the demanding and when they get it, will they cry when the become a Championship level club again?!

Most fans need a huge dose of reality. It seems like half the country all expects to be playing Champions League football next season!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:20 am

Stoke fans should have a look back a few years at Charlton.They suddenly got bored with midtable finishes in the Premier League,and then wanted Curbishley to go.He did leave and they eventually fell to League one.Im sure their fans would love a midtable finish in the Premier League if offered now.In 2005 we was playing Stoke in the Championship,and they did not look like they would reach the Premier League back then.They should be really pleased that they have not had to fight any serious relegation battles so far.They should enjoy where they are,as they could easily go back to trips to Scunthorpe,and Barnsley.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Garawa » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:46 am

Absolutely, I don't think they have had a relegation battle yet have they? Phenomenal! There are many that would crave that. It seems everyone thinks a top 4 finish is the only acceptable option and that will lead to an awful lot of disappointed clubs and sacked managers.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Elgrande » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:01 pm

I think one of the problems is the club talk about kicking on and have, for a mid table side spent quite a lot on players and wages. Crouch, Jones, Adam, Palacios, Nzonzi, Kightly, Jerome etc and haven't done as well as was possibly expected. Plus for a team loaded with attacking players they struggle to score goals!
Elgrande

Postby Robpthegills » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:19 pm

any with players like Huth are still one of the nastiest teams you want to play against.
Robpthegills

Return to Football Discussion