Can we save Bury?

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Can we save Bury?

Postby Garawa » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:10 am

As we are the team every club wants to face so that they can end their bad runs, Bury must be rubbing their hands at next month's encounter! 6 straight defeats, 7 consecutive games without scoring, 3 goals scored in 13 league games whilst conceding 21. They may be doomed by then but we'll do our best to help them out. They have smaller gates but bring players we couldn't dream of. What a very weird club!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Can we save Bury?

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:20 am

OK THATS IT, bring the stake,wood and faggots ,this one s got to be burnt at the stake although maybe that won't do the job, being a stake and a hammer and a silver bullet, OK forget the silver bullet who ever knew they were a vibrator for women or a rectal thermometer for over heating patients, someone remember to bring the matches I don't want to stand there all day waiting for the sun to come out so we can catch fire to the faggots with Ms Fanny Mulligans Compact mirror.
Nothing can save Bury there doooomed, ddddooooooooommmmmeeeedddddd I say and about time to, look at the name BURY, time for Gillingham to Bury everyone in their path including Rochdale this weekend. GGGOOOO GILLS.
gillsfan1066

Postby Goalmouth » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:46 am

I have to say I have sympathy with that view Gary, although It seems to me, that whenever a team on a bad run encounters the Gills, they have just appointed a new manager and the players up their game in an attempt to impress him. Mind you, I don't know whether Bury have replaced their man recently but if not I can't see him hanging on for another six weeks. Incidentally, I fully expect Rochdale to get their first away league win on Saturday, although I note they haven't replaced Keith Hill yet. They will be hard to break down. Before you start clicking your lighter Chicago I should add my cynicism comes from over fifty years watching the Gills.
Goalmouth

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:42 pm

BRING TWO STAKES, oh and a couple of pounds of potatoes we might as well use the fire for something else other than burning these two , I love potatoes in their jackets , bring salt and butter to,yum yum.

OK you two can NOT ruin my day today,it's 6.45 in the morning, the temp outside is 60 degrees, I have the windows open there is a lovely breeze blowing and the the world here in Chicago is a wonderful place.
Now by 4.45 this afternoon the temp is going to begin to drop, and by tomorrow morning at 6.45 the temp is going to be minus -10 and by the time the Gills kick off it's going to be minus -15 degrees , but do I care.....NO because those luverly 3points were going to pick up from thumping Rochdale are going to warm the cockles of me old heart . Gillingggg ham, Gillinggggg ham, Gillingggg ham, GGGOOO YYYOOOOUUU GGGIIIILLLLSSSS, Big win this week for the boys in blue.
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:07 pm

And the Gills go marching on, three more luvelly points,we neded that with the next few games being toughies, GO GILLS
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:36 pm

I worried about Rochdale too Goalmouth. Especially when Mr Knott came on at 2-1, it seemed there was only one way that was going! Funny how we were struggling yet others are far, far worse. Another Bury defeat without scoring and with a bunch of players I would have been salivating at had we signed them. I know not all are available but something is very badly wrong at that club. They survived by the skin of their teeth last season with just as big names in the side.

Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:58 pm

Well thankfully they ain't going to survive this season and neither is Rochdale and The Wombles are on pretty thin ice to. With away games to Scunny and Wigan , and home games against Fleetwood and P'boro,this is a touch stretch where getting 5 points from these four games might be about all we get, but chins up, we have at least got a bit of a cushion between us and the bottom feeders.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:03 pm

Looks like they've set about saving themselves. No goals scored under their previous manager, change him and win 2-1 away from home!

Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:40 pm

Normally happens ,change the manager and they start winning, although Bury finished well Saturday scoring twice in the last few minutes. The fact the directors suddenly find some " hidden money under the Main Stand" for new players or on loan players helps as well, still don't like their chances of staying up.
Funny thing is them winning also got the Oxford manager sacked, haha.
gillsfan1066

Return to Football Discussion