Some Days.

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Some Days.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:48 pm

You know some days are just ssssooooo much better than others, and then every so often you get the perfect day like today.
Sun is shinning, bit chilly but got a nice five days off work for the Thanksgiving vacation, had a steak and eggs breakfast, opend yesterdays mail to find the electricity company OWE ME money, not a fortune but a hundred bucks or so, better than nothing. Followed by one glorious hour of Thomas the Tank Engine,immediately followed by Chelsea playing a European Cup game somewhere in Asia near China, followed by Celtic showing us just why if they join the English FA they will be put and stay in the First Division, possibly do a Wigan, up then back in a season, still there is a bunch of other games to flick around to, then at 5 o clock our time ENGLAND mighty ENGLAND play the Australians at that wacky ball and bat game they call cricket, and that game will go on till around 1 am, by then Suzie our local hooker should have finished her nights work, and she will come for a beer or two, I mean REALLY , I MEAN REALLY,does it,could it, could there be a day any better than this ??
gillsfan1066

Re: Some Days.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:52 pm

I have watched twenty/20 cricket , one day cricket, night cricket , from all over the world , last time I watched a five day game was in about 1962/3( ?) when Freddie Truman and Yorkshire played Kent at the Black Lions Field at the east end of Gillingham High St, (same side as the library and St. Marks church)
Last night I watched England play Australia at the Gabba in Brisbane ( I never knew why it was called the Gabba until last night,it's in Woolloongabba a district of Brisey), I think and hope after watching last nights first days play it will be another 54 years before I have to watch another five day game, GOD was it boring or was it boring ?? lol.
gillsfan1066

Postby sotongill » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:31 pm

Sorry to be pedantic , but I think you'll find that it's the west end of Gillingham High Street , as in closest to the USA .

And some of the younger fans might not remember St Marks , although I believe the Library is still there .

What used to be the cricket pitch is now the start of the Lines Heritage Park - i'm sure that I haven't made that up , remember my wife and myself p'ing ourselves with laughter when we last stayed at the King Charles - which stretches right up to the War Memorial . The lower part is now a sports centre , with a running track
sotongill

Postby bunburygills » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:01 am

I remember watching county cricket at Gillingham in the late 50's and early 60's. I remember watching all bar two counties play plus India and the Aussies with Benaud and Miller at Gloucester when I used to live in Somerset. I used to go to Weston Super Mare. I then got stuck into one day cricket when Packer started it. Then I lost all interest. I never watch the condensed stuff, couldn't even tell you when it's on.However I still maintained an interest in the results of the Aussie test games. I'm now watching Smith and Cummings carting the Poms all over the place. Common' the Aussies. It still rates behind football, boxing, golf and ladies beach volleyball though. I've typed all this whilst waiting for Smith to score three runs for his ton, He still needs three runs. Time for my afternoon nap.
bunburygills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:37 pm

Cook showing why he was picked to play, lol, best pitch in the world to play on , even Mr.Lidbit hit a 100 here playing for Kents Senior Senior Eleven , last summer in a match against a combined team from Chinamans Knob in Victoria and Cock Wash in S A. Hey it's Gay Pride Day in the FA, just trying to get in the mood .
It is believed that 3.9 % of the population is Gay, time to ram that down our throats, (sorry that might have come out wrong) . Guess I must be very odd not to want to go to Tesco's and see two 50 year old men kissing each other over at the veggie counter while they express their love for each other ?
gillsfan1066

Return to Football Discussion