The way forward

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Re: The way forward

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:52 pm

All good arguments but I think you are talking about point 0001% of the population. Your a football fan your kid went to the game with you, lets be honest what else did the kid have to do on a Saturday afternoon in the pouring rain and how many Gillingham folks take their Children to see Gills v Barnet. Bet a lot more, maybe point 0002% would take them to see Gills v Man Utd.
Guarantee not selling tickets at the gate hurts the crowd by a couple of hundred, many is the time we go to events here at the last second, why no tickets sold at the gate ?
As for people being away in the summer, how much vacation time do you guys get, a week, two at the most, so you miss a game, perhaps two, most fans miss that many after catching the flu sitting watching a Gills game, lol.
At the end of the day success breads success, get the Gills back in the Championship and we will have crowds of 10,000 for home games. As for going to see a Millwall game,lol good luck .
gillsfan1066

Re: The way forward

Postby Garawa » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:18 pm

I thought we did sell tickets on the gate, its just that they are discounted if bought early?

The Millwall chairman was talking numbers in the hundreds if not low thousands so as a percentage is considerably higher.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Previous

Return to Football Discussion