Things I would like to see banned in football.....

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Things I would like to see banned in football.....

Postby Garawa » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:35 pm

Stars above the badges on club shirts. I have absolutely no idea what half of them are for. Next?
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Things I would like to see banned in football.....

Postby Goalmouth » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:39 pm

On international shirts it let's everybody know how many World Cups you've won, slightly less pointless than the numbers on international cricketers' shirts telling us how many people have been selected before he was.
Goalmouth

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:34 pm

Wrestling in the 18 yard box, managers and players screaming at the officials every time a call goes against them like 6 year old spoilt children, I can not wait to see an official pop Wenger or Ferguson in the mouth, I am sure he will be fired from football for ever, but I will happily chuck a couple of quid in each month to help pay his electric and gas bills. Black away shirts, refs and linesmen should be the only people allowed to wear black.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:47 pm

That's a really good one. Refs wear all kinds of colours now in order not to clash which seems daft. Seeing as major football is biggest in countries with severe economic issues, why we are wasting money needlessly is silly. Much easier to say the refs all wear the one kit and so make the away kit something else. Or at least 2 but no more for those who wear black at home.

Garawa

Postby Garawa » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:58 pm

Another thing I would ban is the "away goals count double" phrase! They don't! They are merely a tie-breaker just as a penalty shoot-out is as scoring in one doesn't count towards any goal tallies. If away goals did count double, then Bayern Munich have just beaten Arsenal 6-5!

And commentators saying "mis-cue" instead of mis-kick. Can't be hard to differentiate between football and snooker!

Garawa

Postby Rimshot » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:17 pm

Diving, feigning injury, pretending you've a head injury when you've skinned your knee. Oh yes and the mugs who don't seem capable of recognising this stuff from ten yards away.
Rimshot

Postby Robpthegills » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:32 pm

The way football is becoming a sport for the rich. Season tickets at top premiership clubs at over £600 for many, not counting costs of joining the various supporter clubs to enable you to get away tickets. Football used to be a sport for the working man to enjoy, now the working man cannot afford it. Easier to pay £40 quid a month for sky sports and become an expert than go watch your local team for real every week.

Hate diving, but most of all I hate, Holding head in agony when in fact you were knocked on the leg, Players swamping a ref demanding a decision, players completely hugging opposition players when a corner is being taken, since when have you been allowed to hold a man onto the ground during corners?

modern day stewards (there are some exceptions) who all wannabe match day Generals. Over zealous police officers that have no common sense whatsoever because the word is not in their manual.

Foreign moneymen who dabble with our football clubs like an idle hobby with total disregard of the consequences of their actions.

Modern day football fans that think by paying their entrance money they have the automatic right to be totally abusive to all players and the manager if the team is now winning everything in the world.
Robpthegills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:00 am

Get me me shot gun Mildred , load the bi*ch up, take me teeth and put them in a glass, might need them in heaven, OK kids stand back, need to shoot me self after reading this topic,lol.
Problem is I agree with everything on here, does that mean that us five who posted are like "telegraphic", are we like" The Chosen Ones ",destined to save football from itself ?
Touch ground turn around, beggsy the biggest office with a window view and the secretary with the biggest b**bs when the call comes to take over at F.A. Headquaters and save footie for the masses.
gillsfan1066

Postby lidbid46 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:50 pm

Millwall and Arsenal! Only kidding - honest!!
lidbid46

Postby Snackboyslim » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:09 pm

Andy Townsend.

Many kentish fans that I know, who slag our team off without knowing diddly-squat about us, whilst supporting a premiership team they've never seen before live in their miserable, deluded, glory hunting, cynthetic football supporting lives.

Pricks, the lot of them. :twisted:
Snackboyslim

Next

Return to Football Discussion