Things I would like to see banned in football.....

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Re: Things I would like to see banned in football.....

Postby Goalmouth » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:01 am

Add to all the above, (apart from Millwall and Arsenal, Lid ;-)) the lack of contested drop balls after a stoppage other than an infringement. How many times have you seen players putting the ball out for throw nearer their opponents' goal instead of passing the ball to the goalkeeper? Linked to this is players putting the ball out of play when someone is possibly injured instead of letting the referee decide the seriousness of the injury. How many times does supposedly 'injured player get to his feet without treatment once the ball has been put out of play?
Goalmouth

Postby Garawa » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:36 pm

That leads to a good point. When the keeper has it the ball is in play and he has to put it out for treatment to be allowed. Why not let the referee accept the ball is "safe" with the keeper and restart from his kick. Got to solve a lot of sneaky play and controversy especially when a player runs in to score when the ball is played back to him.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:42 pm

Come on snack myster don't hold back ,tell us your true feelings , lol,lol. Watching Everton play Man City with Ian Darke (great) and the worst color commentator in the world Macca, someone just give this guy his own show at like 2 in the morning when we are all asleep and let him tell the World how marvelous he is, lol.
gillsfan1066

Previous

Return to Football Discussion