Players

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Players

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu May 04, 2017 12:45 am

The relegated clubs gave up as many as 6 or 8 players each today, the likes of Coventry, P V, etc , jump in quick Scally, get our new manager NAMED NOW, and lets get the players we need NOW, not trying to get players a week before the season starts.
gillsfan1066

Re: Players

Postby bunburygills » Fri May 05, 2017 8:40 am

I wouldn't know of course but with a really good manager and staff would our present team have been in the position they were. What about all our youth players, aren't any of them any good? No good throwing out half the team and replacing them only to keep the same coaching staff.
bunburygills

Postby Garawa » Fri May 05, 2017 12:12 pm

I think we had very good players but spend most of the year trying to work out where best to play them and keep them fit! Why are we always the last to announce who is going, staying etc and miss the boat?
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri May 05, 2017 2:09 pm

No we didn't have a good team, if we had we would have been playing against Millwall yesterday ,not sitting at the bottom of the table thanking the football Gods that we stayed up.
I don't think for one second any of the players didn't play to their best ability, their pay checks depend on it, lets be honest if your dropped from Gillinghams squad now the season is over ,your next stop is likely to be Maidstone or possibly Crawley, and I don't think any of them want that.
Keep them FIT, how hard is it to keep fit if your a player, injury's are always going to happen, but thats why you have a reserve team or a telephone so you can call West Ham or Spurs and say we need to borrow ABC for a few weeks, lets make a deal.
As for an Academy I never see any player come through the Gills Academy who end up playing for the Gills, are there any ?? I see a bunch of players coming out of Manchester Uniteds or Spurs, or Stokes Acadamys that end up playing for Ballykissangel in the Irish Football League when there 20 or 22 , and I can not help thinking there better than anyone we have on our team at the moment, so why the hell were not bringing those guys in I do not know, I bet they would kill to play for the Gills, or am I missing something here ??
As for not knowing where to play a guy, lol, you bought him in as a center back, left winger, goal keeper, what ever so why would a manager even think about where on the pitch the guy was going to play, most left backs make lousy right wingers, but of course not having a General Manager who at 9 am on a Monday morning after three loses in a row in of the middle October would not say Mr Glasgow get your M F ass in my office, what the hell do you think you are doing, were tumbling down the table because your acting like a goat trying to decide if XYZ who has played left back since he was 10 years old should now 15 years later play on the right wing, but you know what, honestly deep down inside I don't think Scally really cares about GFC , or he would have stepped in and DONE SOMETHING . I think he takes the I bought a dog so I am not going to bark myself attitude, what will be will be, then goes off and buys a Millwall ticket to watch the playoffs.
I honestly have no idea who would want to buy Gillingham Football Club, my bet is Scally would probably be an ass hole and NOT want to sell the ground even if he sold the team , so we could well end up with a Coventry situation, GFC playing at Ebbsfleet or somewhere, but I honestly think if there is anyone out there with the money and the enthusiasm to buy and run the team as it should be run, then GOD or MIGHTY, please that person or group come and do it NOW,this whole team and Club needs one major overhaul as of TODAY.
gillsfan1066

Postby bunburygills » Sat May 06, 2017 8:20 am

There are at least 4 A-League teams out of 10 that will be looking for new coaches as we call them. The first to sack reckons they had over 80 applications. Many were ex A-League coaches and high profile ex players. The list also includes Roy Keen, Harry Kewell, Psycho Pierce, Teddy Sherringham and several other quite well known names. Adelaide look as though they'll have Batistuta next season and a new franchise being prepared has Roberto Carlos lined up. Now this is Australia where football lags a long way behind Aussie Rules and two rugby codes. Who will the Gills have lined up?
bunburygills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat May 06, 2017 7:29 pm

Mr, His Royal Highness, Sir, Lord Colin Cowdrey Lidbit, who just as soon as he finishes the cricket season he will be at Priestfield Road, leading the Gills to a place in the Championship.
gillsfan1066

Postby baronnight » Sat May 06, 2017 8:51 pm

Teams of our size, small fan base so small playing budget, are not going to get the top managers and teams.
This is where people tell me about the Pullis and Taylor team, forgetting how much we spent on players at that time, probably as much over those 2 or 3 years as we've spent in the last 17 or 18 years since put together.
Every year there will be a small team who are lucky enough to have the players click at the right time, sometimes that can get you promoted, most will get relegated again within 2 or 3 years.
I don't mean to sound negative, far from it, I always want us to be the team who defy all the odds, I just try to be realistic when it doesn't happen.
baronnight

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun May 07, 2017 1:29 am

Fleetwood Town are doing a good job of climbing from the depths of nowhere towards the Championship and they only came back into the league in like 1997, and gets gates of 4,000 on a good day.
gillsfan1066

Postby CadburyMan » Mon May 08, 2017 8:52 pm

Burton Albion
CadburyMan

Postby baronnight » Tue May 09, 2017 6:09 am

I did acknowledge that there will always be small clubs who do well, although Fleetwood is not a good example as the Chairman Andrew Pilley has spent over £10m pound of his own money to get them where they are, chance would be a fine thing.
baronnight

Next

Return to Football Discussion