St George's Park, Burton

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

St George's Park, Burton

Postby CadburyMan » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:01 pm

I was under the impression that the establishment of the FA's Centre of Excellence at St George's Park was intended to wipe out the problems that we have all witnessed during the Euros in France but I am having difficulty in actually seeing any achievements in this area.

Further what has the FA's Director of Development, Sir Trevor Brooking, actually contributed to the process?

:? :?
CadburyMan

Re: St George's Park, Burton

Postby Garawa » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:03 am

Raheem Sterling.

There's your answer. The place must have influenced him more than any other England player. He thought he was going to be the world's best footballer. Until we manage these prima donnas expectations it will never succeed. Put that in any other country and they will produce the best international sides of anyone.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:03 pm

I think it all comes down to the fact that the players don't want to be there, they have just finished playing soccer one or two times a week for 10 months, they want to be lying on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean with their girl friend or wife and kids, or both their girlfriend and wife and no kids , not staying in a hotel in Lyon or where ever listening to Mr. Boring Hodgson go on about 343, or 532 systems and how were going to beat Iceland and Wales, could you imagine coming downstairs to the breakfast buffet and having to look at that old drip across the room every morning ?
Average Premier player now earns FORTY FOUR THOUSAND POUNDS A WEEK, and this bunch of losers that played in this years Euro's were all supposed to be above average, in fact they were supposed to be the best of the best of the best, (God help us) , so they are probably all earning around the TWO MILLION ++ pounds per year, and what does the English player get for playing in the Euro's , I read 1,500 pounds per man for a win, 1,000 pounds for a draw, and 750 for a loss, and a 100,000 each if they win the whole thing,which they appear to give to charity anyway ? Bit like me and you playing for 15 quid.
But your playing for your country, big deal done it all before 20 times, so what ,your asking me an England player to drag my butt all over France, playing every couple of days for a few quid, coming home to get abused by everyone in the media even me own granddad because he had a 20 quid bet on us beating Iceland, missing some well earned down time with the family before the next season starts, yeah let me hurry off to do that.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:24 am

Ronaldo showed tons of passion during the tournament. Far more than any other England player at any point and I'm sure he earns a LOT more than any of them. He played 55 games last season and scored 54 goals and provided 18 assists. Why is he so desperate to play (and win) whereas we can't be bothered? It can't be the money and it can't be too many games played as I bet none in the England side played 55! There is something inherently wrong with us when we reach finals as in qualifying we looked virtually unbeatable.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:55 pm

Why does a star like Paul McCartney still tour and perform when he is worth millions, because he wants to be on center stage, he gets that rush from performing, same as Ronaldo does, the English players obviously just don't get that same rush /
gillsfan1066

Return to Football Discussion