Well done England

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Well done England

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:03 pm

Haha, and I thought we had problems at the back, great start England, 1-1 with a Russian team we should have beaten 3 or 4 nil, but no one on the England squad seemed to know what the Russian goal looked like, let alone how to kick a ball into it. Well done old man Hodgson, today there was no leadership on the field what so ever, lose to Wales and lets call it a day, Germany would have beaten us 5-0 today so lets get it over with so we can look forward to next season and another Gills push for promotion.
gillsfan1066

Re: Well done England

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:12 am

I thought the performance was the best for a long time against a big Russian side.We played some great quick stuff,and if not for poor finishing could have been a couple of goals up before half-time.Rooney in the second half had a great effort very well saved as it was tipped onto the post.Our pressure did eventually pay off with a brilliant free kick from an unlikely scorer in Dier.Beckham would have been impressed with that.Unfortunately we didn`t get the 2nd,and I feel our substitutes made us deeper which meant Russia were likely to get a chance.They got a free header in injury time which looped over Hart.We should have defended better,but when you have a poor defence like we do at the moment going deep isn`t a good idea.Personally Vardy coming on would have seen the game out better in my opinion.He would chase everything down against a knackered defence.The draw does feel like a loss because we dominated it,and played so well,but the defence once again could not hold out.Wales up next for us who looked decent with Bale leading them,we need to win the game.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Return to Football Discussion