ROY'S SQUAD

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

ROY'S SQUAD

Postby Rimshot » Mon May 16, 2016 3:42 pm

If we have to pick Milner it means we aren't good enough . If we don't play Rashford there's no point taking him. If I was Mark Noble I'd be asking on what possible basis Wilshere has been included. Despite all that and more I will shouting at the TV until we come home . Good luck boys.
Rimshot

Re: ROY'S SQUAD

Postby Garawa » Mon May 16, 2016 5:50 pm

Some odd choices. Been the same for years, taking the same players because they are ones that you made your plans around. Form plays a massive part. Leicester have beaten most teams down to it and Rooney has been woeful because of it. I just hope we don't pin our hopes on these very same people otherwise the disaster from 2 years ago could look quite tame.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Mon May 16, 2016 7:32 pm

I`m pleased for Rashford as he has burst onto the scenes,and could do a Michael Owen or Rooney at a young age.I feel for Defoe who was told to come back to England and score goals if you want to be picked,which he has! Not sure how he has picked Wilshere,and Delph who have not played much at all,but tells Walcott he has not played enough to be picked...
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue May 17, 2016 9:40 am

Fantastic stuff Roy, do any of those 200 midfielders picked play at the back, because I think were as light as hell back there. I guess Vardy and Henderson will be playing by the time the " real matches " start, replacing Sturridge and Wilshere who will both be injured before the Australia match is over, and good for Rashford he will come in handy to push Rooneys wheel chair and collect his pension from the French Post Office each week ,(will England still be part of EEC in June ?) , I hope they give the kid a run out at least once in the warm up games, might be that spark we need to win a game or two in the last 20 minutes.
Defoe couldn't make it in the past , so whats the point of taking him now he is a 100 years old and Dier and Carrick should be included , someone needs to be THAT GUY in the middle that can hold and pass the ball.
Well I guess realistically we can win the first round, England are after all the 10 th best in the world, so three wins seems very possible against Russia (26th best) Wales (24th) and Slovakia (32nd),.............. then ?
gillsfan1066

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Tue May 17, 2016 9:22 pm

gillsfan1066 wrote:Fantastic stuff Roy, do any of those 200 midfielders picked play at the back, because I think were as light as hell back there. I guess Vardy and Henderson will be playing by the time the " real matches " start, replacing Sturridge and Wilshere who will both be injured before the Australia match is over, and good for Rashford he will come in handy to push Rooneys wheel chair and collect his pension from the French Post Office each week ,(will England still be part of EEC in June ?) , I hope they give the kid a run out at least once in the warm up games, might be that spark we need to win a game or two in the last 20 minutes.
Defoe couldn't make it in the past , so whats the point of taking him now he is a 100 years old and Dier and Carrick should be included , someone needs to be THAT GUY in the middle that can hold and pass the ball.
Well I guess realistically we can win the first round, England are after all the 10 th best in the world, so three wins seems very possible against Russia (26th best) Wales (24th) and Slovakia (32nd),.............. then ?

33,but scored around 16 for a poor Sunderland side that hardly created many chances.Harsh for Defoe to miss out.Rashford does look class though,whether he gets many minutes we will see.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Return to Football Discussion