A little light reading: Roots To The 92

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

A little light reading: Roots To The 92

Postby Roots To The 92 » Mon May 09, 2016 9:03 pm

Dear All,

Hard luck on missing out on the play-offs, at least you mad a better fist of it than my team (Southend) did, we sunk like a stone at the end.

Anyway, reason for the post is that I have just published a book (my first) which I have have written to be of interest to all football fans including Gills.

After 45 years of footie watching I completed doing the current 92 grounds last month (it took 125 grounds to do it) and to satisfy another goal on my 'bucket list' I have written a book on the journey. It is not a series of match reports (I'm sure that would be quite dull), instead it is a tale of what it was like to be there covering my experiences from 1971 to the present day. I'm sure many of my trials and tribulations will be familiar to your own. I have written it in a 'dry humour' style, my aim is to entertain, though no doubt if you do me the honour of buying it you will be the judge of that.

The book also has a Foreword by ex Southend, Bury, Blackpool and Northern Ireland international Derek Spence.

This is not a money-making exercise, that was never the aim. I have no delusions on being the next JK Rowling, I will simply be pleased to cover my costs on the tiny royalty percentage. Like you I just love talking football.

Although I am a dedicated Shrimper many of my ground visits were with other teams (I have not always lived in East Anglia) or as a neutral. So it is by no means a Southend-centric book.
Priestfield gets good coverage in the book - it is not exactly my luckiest ground!

You can buy the book by simply typing 'Roots To the 92' in to Amazon (paperback or kindle) or the publisher (Completely Novel) site (paperback only). Currently the delivery is quicker with the publisher but Amazon will speed up soon as it's only just been set up with them. Or you can learn more about the book, see a video picture montage and access the buy links by visiting a website I've prepared for the book: www.rootstothe92.co.uk

All the best, Andy

PS note to moderators: apologies if I should have sought your permission to post this first, please excuse my excitement in having something published for the first time and also something I'm quite proud of. I genuinely think it will be of interest to all football fans.
Roots To The 92

Re: A little light reading: Roots To The 92

Postby Garawa » Tue May 10, 2016 12:36 pm

No that's fine. I've just moved it to the Football page rather than the Gills one as its not specifically Gills related. Good luck for next season and before you say fell like a stone, remember we were top of the league a couple before February!!! Ha ha
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue May 10, 2016 9:29 pm

See the power this guy had got Sarfend, he's crazy with the stuff, moves posts around like I move peas around me plate when I eat fish and chips, Gods gift to the computer world he is.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Wed May 11, 2016 12:47 pm

I could make you say some EVEN MORE EMBARRASSING things than you already say 1066 but I'm not that cruel!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to Football Discussion