Is it just me

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Is it just me

Postby Snackboyslim » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:14 pm

Or does everyone else find Andy Townsend a thoroughly annoying twat??

I'm sick of him rattling on and on, stating the frigging obvious. He totally spoils my viewing of ITV's coverage.

It wouldn't be so bad if he was a half decent player, but he wasn't, didn't achieve much, and yet he feels he knows everything.

I especially despise him during the European cups and world cups when England are getting knocked out. Go back to Ireland and commentate on your own lousy football team as my Mrs is getting tired of me shouting obcenities at the TV.
Snackboyslim

Re: Is it just me

Postby CadburyMan » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:40 pm

Same can be said for most pundits - think the worst has to Ray Wilkins when he feels he has to refer to all players by their first names as if they are his drinking buddies. Gary Neville is about as miserable as Morrissy - in fact he would be a good stand-in at a Smiths' gig.

But do you know who really grates me - that absolute pillock Adrian Childs and not just because he's a winging brummie but because he just does !!!!!!!!!!!!!
CadburyMan

Postby CadburyMan » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:37 pm

After tonight's game it isn't just you - Andy Townsend is 18 carat - think he has a degree in the "bleeding obvious"

And I believe the decision to send Nani off was correct - whilst his challenge was not malicious it was without a doubt reckless
CadburyMan

Postby Elgrande » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:02 am

Careless rather than reckless as it wasn't even a challenge until Arbaloa made it one. I would guess most Man Utd haters will have a chuckle!
Elgrande

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:47 am

Just a year or two away from " A game we old people do not know " being played on the main stage, no more tackling, touch the keeper and you gone, tackle, what the hell do you think your doing MR, get the hell out of here 27 match ban.
The game will revolve around the box, all 22 players will be sent in to it, they will wrestle each other to the ground and the last man standing will get the chance of a free shot on goal, or if a defender is the last man standing the opportunity to clear the ball from the area.
Penalty area to penalty area will be used to grow tulips, (that will teach the Dutch for invading the Medway) and the players will move end to end up the touch lines signing autographs and throwing shirts to the crowd , and all for less than 120 quid a game.
gillsfan1066

Postby CadburyMan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:58 am

Just imagine the scenario - Arbeloa makes a high and reckless challenge on Nani; does it suddenly become a red card offence ?

Anyway I thought AF was going to explode
CadburyMan

Postby Poshgill » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:18 am

And Fergie was quite right to nearly explode. A ridiculous decision. Nani had his foot high but wasn't facing the player and Arbeloa ran into him. If that is a sending-off offence then I have been watching football for 45 years and learnt nothing! I'm not saying Madrid wouldn't have won, but it certainly changed the match. 2 of the world's greatest teams with some of the best footballers in World football and all we are talking about is the referee.

And Elg is right. All those 'fans' that spend as much time hating United as supporting their own team will be overjoyed.
Poshgill

Postby Rimshot » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:06 pm

Agreed on all counts Posh. The referee, like most of his breed, had his assessment uppermost in his mind, not the game. Anyone who has ever kicked a ball would recognise that Nani was attempting to get the ball without any malice. Intent must play a part in such decisions and there was clearly none.
A referee has decided the outcome of this match and it's an affront to the fans, a shame for the players, a frustration of epic proportions for the manager/club.

The instant reaction of the Real players would have been very different had they seen it as a red-card offence. The laws of the game should serve it not run it and refs would do well to remember that no-one comes to a game to see them. This one has plenty of 'form' with red cards.

I'm no fan of MU, don't like Nani as a footballer but on this occasion I even sympathise with Fergie.

I think 1066 is right too - we're heading for a basketball type of game where blocking and pathetic grappling replace the tackle. All in all a pretty depressing night for football, apart from Port Vale dropping two more points.
Rimshot

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:06 pm

Not Vale that worry me , it's Rotherham and Exeter, I kind of think the top 7 have now got it pretty much to themselves, and the fact we have one or two games in hand I also like, and if we go up as Champs thats great, just as long as we go up. I hate this division , hardly an exciting match on the books for me except playing our local rivals Southend and what were once the big boys Bradford and Plymouth.
gillsfan1066

Return to Football Discussion