Great win

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Great win

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:20 am

When Leicester were pushing for promotion from the Championship I wanted to see old misery guts bring Vardy into the England squad, woow, what a goal, problem is I am still trying to figure out how it went from his feet, knee, chest bum or what ever into the goal, did he back heel it or what, I never could see a replay ??
Think we have a great young squad there, might not even be a starting place for Rooney, old misery MUST start Vardy against Holland on Tuesday, the guy could score a hat trick if he was on the pitch for 65 or 70 minutes.
I know Germany are not the best team at playing " pretend games," and when we were down 2-0 I will admit I thought it was all over, great come back, BUT, that back field MUST be strengthened, there awful, they just are not good enough . We might score three but in a " serious " match we could have let in four.
I worry sometimes because England seem to be happy going for a draw in the first match of a competition like the Euros or World Cup, and although Russia, Slovakia and the Welsh Mens Choir don't really worry me , it would be nice to come out of the group with 9 points.
gillsfan1066

Re: Great win

Postby lidbid46 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:10 pm

It was one of those fancy back heel flicks from vardy. I actually preferred Kane's goal; excellent turn and finish. Thought all the Spurs guys were fantastic; can't we pretend alderwild and vertongong or whatever their names are to play for us as well with Ericskson and chadli? COYS; I mean COYGs!!
lidbid46

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:35 pm

Kanes goal was a tribute to Johan Cruyff, turn and shoot , great goal, a young England team might not make the finals but they are good enough to give most teams a run for there money. Watching todays game against the cloggys , when did we start playing in light blue and white shirts???
gillsfan1066

Postby lidbid46 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:28 am

Horrible strip but the second team did quite well I thought. Loved the ref for their second goal; 'what foul, I didn't see a thing!'
lidbid46

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:44 pm

Even the red socks looked horrible, I need to send my old Mum up there to dress them.
gillsfan1066

Postby Rimshot » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:17 pm

One thing you can guarantee; we always have the standout kit in big tournaments. The same kind of standout that attracts pity in bus queues.
Rimshot

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:08 pm

Talking of buses, hahaha, true story, in Seattle Washington, like 15 years ago going up this hill , car went clunk clunk and stopped. I let it slide slowly down the hill and into this little repair shop that was like 100 yards behind me, a scruffy garage, haha ,turned out the U joint had gone.
Anyway they had to go and get a couple from down the road somewhere, and I sat outside the place with a newspaper and it was like Canterbury Street, houses each side of the road, and right in front from where I was sitting was a bus stop, like 10 yards away , couple of people waiting for a bus, I didn't take much notice carried on reading looked up and there SHE was.
I swear on my beloved Gills shirts, she was blond, maybe 25, tiny little school girl outfit on, little short skirt, white blouse I swear it was two sizes to small , white stockings that go to the thigh and hold themselves up, and she kept looking, smiling, and I did NOT give to hoots what that woman did for a living, stripper, hooker, police officer trying to arrest people like me , I DID NOT CARE, I WAS IN LOVE.
The car was still in the air on the lift and the bus was coming up the hill I had to make that split second decision, I was up, across the forecourt, on the bus as it went to pull away, she was there, three seats back still smiling at me and ten seconds later I was back on the side walk I didn't have any money on me to pay the fare, my wallet was in my jacket in the car, lol.
To this day I still see that woman in my dreams, and in my nightmares I still see that smirking fat a** hole of a bus driver who hit the brakes and said OFF when I couldn't pay the fare, hahaha, and her laughing her butt off as they drove away.
gillsfan1066

Return to Football Discussion