Would You Scrap FA Cup Replay's ???

YES
No votes
NO
100%

Total votes : 8

Scrapping FA Cup Replay's

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:33 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35266109 - This debate has come from Jurgen Klopp's Post Match Press Conference where Jurgen Klopp mentioned - cannot believe another game, but you want it like this so we will be there.

I will start off by saying that I wouldn't scrap FA Cup replay's, Look at Exeter City, the two games against Manchester United saved the club financially and now there going to make £700,000 for a return trip to Anfield, and The Exeter City Players will get the opportunity to play at Anfield, Jurgen Klopp and every other manager knows the rules of The FA Cup, you can win or lose the first match in ninety minutes, but if the first game ends in a draw then there will be A Replay.

I think A Winter Break will happen for The Premier League and I do think one needs to introduced, but Replay's in The FA Cup need to be preserved and protected.
fan_of_mulligan

Re: Scrapping FA Cup Replay's

Postby CadburyMan » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:38 pm

A winter break is for wimps
CadburyMan

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:50 pm

Yeah I think we should go back to the semi finals being played at neutral grounds like Villa Park and Old Trafford.I feel playing Semi's at Wembley takes the magic away of reaching the final.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby bunburygills » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:28 am

If Klopp didn't want a replay he could have fielded a stronger team. Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester and Chelsea all fielded near to their best teams. Instead of trying to deprive small teams of extra revenue, why don't they look at their own greed. Start by reducing the Premiere league to 18 teams. Cut out a few friendlies such as pre-season overseas tours and give the players more of a break. Cut back on meaningless international friendlies and try rotating their players a bit more. If they're not good enough to be trusted in the first team against minnows in the cup, then they're not good enough to be in squad. I do think there are too many games over Christmas. It takes more than 2 clear days to fully recover from a game and you're inviting injury by playing so soon. However, as long as greed rules, nothing will change.
bunburygills

Postby baronnight » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:03 am

Scrapping the group stages for Champions League would save a lot of games, but then that would reduce earnings for the greedy premiership teams instead of robbing the lower/non league teams.
baronnight

Postby Garawa » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:04 pm

Totally agree! Firstly a midwinter break for what reason?? Player fatigue? Then stop playing 15 games across the globe in the weeks before the start of the season. To rest the players? Then ban them from playing ANY 90 minutes as this will become another cash making excercise playing games elsewhere. For bad weather? Our worst weather seems to be in February, I doubt the break will occur then and if we can't fit in all the games now, how will we if we do get a bad Jan / Feb being games behind after a break?????

As for replays, I'm fed up with top clubs treating the best sporting tournament anywhere in the world with such disdain!! They don't support the national sides or the FA Cup and then moan when they don't win!!! We aren't allowed to make an entire 11 changes in the trophy games so how come they can in the countries highest profile cup tournament that is watched the world over! It's about time these managers got a grip and use the massive squads effectively rather than storing to prevent other sides using them instead! Many of these teams will see their players play 10 - 15 fewer games than some so how can they be more tired! BRING BACK NEVER ENDING REPLAYS ha ha!!!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Goalmouth » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:08 pm

Another foreign manager coming in and whining about the rules of our competition. We need to keep replays, but then again, if you have penalties after the first tie, there could be more big teams losing.

As for a mid season break, I suspect the big teams will jet off to warmer climes and play a couple of money making friendlies. Keep it as it is.
Goalmouth

Postby Rimshot » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:53 pm

It's rare to see us all agree on any football related topic but this looks like the honourable exception. Klopp just the latest in a series of overseas, "super-managers", berating English football for one of its most cherished competitions 5 minutes after arriving on our shores.
Rimshot

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:59 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fa-cup-replays-could-scrapped-7378639

FA Cup replays could be scrapped according to this article on The Daily Mirror Website.
fan_of_mulligan

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Fri May 27, 2016 2:56 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36393608

FA Cup quarter-final replays have been scrapped from next season.
fan_of_mulligan

Next

Return to Football Discussion