Would You Scrap FA Cup Replay's ???

YES
No votes
NO
100%

Total votes : 8

Re: Scrapping FA Cup Replay's

Postby lidbid46 » Tue May 31, 2016 9:28 am

Another attempt to smooth the passage of the big boys to win the premier by not having to play so many games. I've always thought that if you are so good that you end up in the final stages of all the competitions you should have to prove that you can cope with loads of games. It's a kind of trade off if you like. This seems just another way of ensuring that a Leicester scenario will be even more difficult in the future.
lidbid46

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:36 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53765807

There will be no FA Cup replays during the 2020-21 season to "ease pressure" on the football calendar.

The competition will start with the extra preliminary around on 1 September and the final is due to be played at Wembley Stadium on 15 May 2021.

What are your thoughts on FA Cup Replay's Being Scrapped For The 2020 / 2021 Season ???
fan_of_mulligan

Postby CadburyMan » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:03 pm

Sheer folly and so unfair on the clubs lower down the foodchain
CadburyMan

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:28 am

THE MAGIC OF THE CUP, the chance for a small home team to make more money in 90 minutes after holding a Prem. team to a draw at there home ground , why would anyone at the League Headquarters want that, it might interrupt there busy day. Arrive around 8 for breakfast, go to a meeting at 10, coffee at 11, and then off for a two hour lunch , nap in the afternoon, time for cocktails and a three hour dinner.
Leaving to go to their clubs the Chairman says , busy day to day gentlemen, and anyway that German guy at Liverpool he has probably got it right ,what ever it was he wanted, show of hands, OK passed see you at the club in twenty minutes drinks on me.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:41 pm

I think it makes sense as long as it remains a one-off and doesn't become a "well it worked last season so we might as well keep it" scenario. It will be starting later and will need to fit in to a season that loses a month meaning more Tuesday night games without games being called off due to Covid which seems inevitable. It seems impossible to fit them in anyway, even more so when the majority of sides competing still don't know when or if they will be starting their league campaigns. Its remarkable they are in any position at all to play in the cup.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Previous

Return to Football Discussion