Platini , no thanks

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Platini , no thanks

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:39 am

FIFA is broke, they could not find 2 million bucks to pay Platini, so had a Gentleman's agreement they would slip him the money when they could, lol,lol.
gillsfan1066

Re: Platini , no thanks

Postby Garawa » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:18 pm

They are broke, all those bungs went in too many back pockets instead of bank accounts.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Rimshot » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:06 am

FIFA
Four Initials F***ing Awful
Rimshot

Postby Garawa » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:24 pm

Can I play devil's advocate for a moment? I read that because he is under suspension he is not able to stand for president. Even if he is found innocent he will be unable to submit an interest as the time has past. Isn't this even greater blatant corruption? They want to prove transparent and changing their ways but have effectively shown as if they are helping to fix the election but ruling out people that stand a good chance of winning! Until he is found guilty of anything nobody is in a position to slate Platini but I'm not sure this would stand in any other area of employment?

Garawa

Postby Rimshot » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:29 am

No, that's plain wrong- he is being suspended pending the outcome of the investigation and it would be entirely inappropriate to prejudice the election. Let's suppose he got elected and then was found guilty ?
I appreciate that it's entirely circumstantial at the moment but the fact remains that Platini took a large sum of money solely authorised by Blatter, hidden for 8 years from the accounts, in the very year that he withdrew from opposing Blatter's re-election.
No formal record was kept of the deal and the 'consultancy' Platini allegedly provided appears to have had no objectives, no content and no outcomes. I think that's what we would call a 'bung'.
Rimshot

Postby Garawa » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:05 pm

I completely agree but I've never seen a decision taken before someone had been found guilty before. I notice on SSN today he IS listed as a presidential candidate again so I'm presuming this is because his suspension is on appeal. It still seems odd that it has all happened now either to deflect attention or to rule someone out if you felt there was a chance they could be reprieved and potentially become president.

Garawa

Postby Rimshot » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:09 am

I didn't think this story could get any worse but it's now clear that the WC 'voting' process was entirely bogus and rigged, the cosy arrangements only falling apart as the slush funds took effect, with one delegate abstaining in direct defiance of the mandate given him by his organisation.

The list of FIFA Chairman candidates reads like a horror story. Australia wants its 20 million back, Greg Dyke says Blatter is history but he is still the most quoted FIFA spokesperson on the planet. This lot make Bernie Eccleston seem principled.
Rimshot

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:01 pm

Think we have a couple of Bin this and Bin thats running for President, don't know if thats good or bad ?? On one hand they have more money than God so can't be bribed, on the other hand they have so much money they could buy Wales and hold the 2026 final in Merthyr Tydfil.
gillsfan1066

Postby Rimshot » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:21 pm

German FA and Beckenbauer now implicated, another 'private deal' by Blatter. It's a disgrace to the game. When is this parasite going to be ousted ?
Rimshot

Postby shoutingman » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:11 pm

This should please everybody then..........
http://www.kentonline.co.uk/tunbridge-w ... -be-45788/
shoutingman

Next

Return to Football Discussion