Newcastle

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Newcastle

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:27 am

Think we could be playing Newcastle next season, lol, what a mess they are, even the shirts they had on today were awful, stripes in the front, no stripes on the backs, bits of blue here and there, if they sell more than a dozen of them this year I would be amazed.
I think the best part of the game was the look on Steve Mac's face when he got back to the bench to find out West Ham had scored a second goal, priceless, lol.
gillsfan1066

Re: Newcastle

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:05 pm

Unfortunately I just don`t see Newcastle doing anything apart from relegation struggles all the time Ashley is there.They`re a big club with great support and deserve better.Managers are coming and going,but I feel Ashley is holding back their potential.Both Sunderland & Newcastle could easily drop into the Championship.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Garawa » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:35 am

I thought would have been good last season if Middlesborough went up, how hilarious that would have been. It won't happen though as there is only 1 spot left after Chelsea and Liverpool go down ;-)
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby lidbid46 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:40 am

Chelsea at home would be an interesting fixture next season!
lidbid46

Postby Robpthegills » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:17 pm

percentage wise these are the cities that sell the most Newcastle shirts

32.48% London 20.97% Newcastle 7.42% Bristol 5.12% Belfast 4.09% Ashington 4.09% Durham 4.09% Edinburgh 3.07% Perth (Australia) 3.07% Coventry 3.07% Leeds

It is a sad state affairs but up to a point is it newcastle that is sad or is it football. (I accept my Newcastle allegiances are probably springing out here.)

Newcastle have needed a proper striker for a couple of years. On at least 4 occassions they have had a player agree to join them and then at the last minute they have signed for another club who have offered higher wages, which exceed Newcastles wage structure. 2 times by Swansea for Gomis and Ayew, also Remy at chelsea (albeit it was qpr who took him).

Newcasltle are one of the few clubs in the premiership that actually turn a profit every year rather than just increase debt.

Ashley who the thick geordies hate saying he wont spend money, spent a 150 million to clear the debt the last bunch built up on silly wages and loyalty bonuses.

You have players like Danny Ings who would have made a great signing, choosing Liverpool, who already have 3 strikers and then play Ings out wide where he is ineffective. Liverpool whose scouting system seems to be what average premiership team has had a reasonable season we will pay well over the top for their players...Andy Carroll over 35 million then lovren, lallana and lovren for 48 million, Chelsea when they brought Remy have given him hardly any games at all.

I think they will be okay, but if they are not then so be it, but I would rather sit and cheer them who conform to the premier league rules than man city that just flout it.

They were a joke against West Ham, but they have actually been playing ok up to that game.
Robpthegills

Return to Football Discussion