Man Utd v Liverpool

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Man Utd v Liverpool

Postby Garawa » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:37 pm

According to John Barnes the game will be feisty and form goes out the window but I wonder if this is no longer the case. A few season's ago Liverpool would have the likes of Carragher and Gerrard battling against Utd's Neville, Butt & Scholes etc. As each year goes by fewer and fewer players are even English in these games let alone ones with local pride at stake. Of course to the fans its life or death but do the crowds make enough of a difference if to the players it is just another match?
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Man Utd v Liverpool

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:57 pm

Manchester United and Liverpool have the most English League Title's, but it will be quite a few years before there winning the league again, Chelsea with Jose Mourinho you expect Chelsea to be challenging for the title every single season and Manchester City have spent big to sign Raheem Sterling and Kevin De Bruyne and with Arsenal being consistently in the top four then Manchester United V Liverpool has been demoted to a battle for the final Champions League Spot.

I also think that this game will be played at a slow pace with a lot of possession, a lot of keep ball and not many chances, Manchester United were poor against Swansea City and question marks are always raised about Liverpool defensively, this match will have all the build up of a fantastic game, but the match itself will probably be decided by one goal.
fan_of_mulligan

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:08 am

Don't give up your day job my dear Ms Fanny Mulligan, your future as a soothsayer is looking pretty shakey, lol. Great second half and what a goal that scissor kick was.
As for overseas's players in English football guess it's time to get over it, there here to say, and I think MU have every chance of taking the title this year.
I am sure the chosen one will bounce back , especially if he can keep most of this team together, they will be to good for most of the Championship sides next season,lol.
gillsfan1066

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:43 pm

The first half was a bore draw,but it livened up in the second half which was good.Both sides look a way off being Champions again.Man City look the side to beat this season,and their defence is very strong so far.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Garawa » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:29 pm

Only watched the hightlights but it looked like an average PL match that livened up with none of the shedding blood for the cause of recent seasons. Guessed that would be the case. It would happen to the Manchester & Liverpool derbies if the players didn't breath every response every minute from everyone around them.

We could be seeing a big culture change. Apathetic, unconnected fans along with players with no connections to the history of the club might see the big clubs start to lose their way a bit like when Italy lost its status as the best league in the world. Sides with more cohesive sides could do far better with gifted players than ones with a host of individuals there purely for the money.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:55 pm

Look at Leicester City, a team that cost 137 quid to put together ,all home grown players ,home grown manager, 2nd place in the table after 10 years of nothingness and I have just bet the farm on them winning the title in May.
I can just imagine the conversation between Ranieri and his agent, when Leicester wanted to interview him for the managers job.
agent)....." Hey Claudio old darling I have a letter from this team Lysester City, they want you to manage them.
CR)......... Great Leverkusen ,Germany, I've always wanted to ,
agent) ....NO NO LYSESTER CITY, I think it's somewhere in Ireland.
CR) ........Oh ,OK ,what they paying,?
agent) ... hundred quid a match.
CR)........ OK then I 'll take it, I am still here in Greece ,can only get 50 quid a day out of the cash machine, so tell them to send me a ticket, ASAP, and enough cash for a coffee.
gillsfan1066

Return to Football Discussion