Women's 2015 World Cup Thread

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Re: Women's 2015 World Cup Thread

Postby Garawa » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:19 pm

The joke thread is in the other forum Cadbury :-D
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:10 pm

Unlucky to the women`s Team,they didn`t deserve to lose.I think Women`s Football is the real winner as lots more fans are talking about it.There will be more fans going to the games now.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:21 am

I would venture to say that NO ONE who comes on this site will go to ONE single womans football match this upcoming season, and neither will they know one person who goes to see a woman's football match this season, or an other season unless their daughters drags them kicking and screaming to the game on a school trip.
Now when they introduce topless soccer for women like the topless darts that was on British TV, then my bet is Wembley Stadium sells out with front row seats going for big bucks, and the guy selling binoculars in the parking lot would make a fortune.
gillsfan1066

Postby bunburygills » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:44 am

Unbelievable.
bunburygills

Postby Garawa » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:54 pm

I don't know about on here but there are a lot of season ticket holders that watch the Gills Ladies on Sundays and spectators and women's matches is expected to increase significantly after this.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:05 pm

Yeah I heard the line was over a mile long for next seasons Gills Ladies season tickets, gate receipts are expected to go through the roof . I even heard that Scally is thinking of letting the Gills women play at Preiestfield and the men are going to be playing on a pitch down the Strand with a couple of sweaters for goal posts.
Oh by the way I am going to win 100,million on the lottery and Mr Lidbit is going to take Arnold Schwarzenegger's place in the remake of the Terminator movies and Boomerang Bob is going to be up for parole in less than 5 years, and I swear that's all true.
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:55 pm

USA ,USA,USA,USA,USA ,WHAT A GAME, ARE YOU ALL WATCHING, FANTASTIC STUFF ,4-1 AT THE HALF, GO THE USA , SING EVERYONE, " I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN, IN THE LAND OF THE FREE."
GOT TO FIND THE NEAREST WOMEN'S SOCCER TEAM TO CHICAGO, MUST BUY A SEASON TICKET, HELL I AM SO EXCITED I AM GOING TO BUY TWO.
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:14 am

4-2 Japan coming back, not looking good for the US, man am I glad to be a son of the Land of the Rising Sun, Go Emperor Toyota, love your cars.
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:16 am

FIVE -TWO, go the USA, everyone sing," I'm proud to be an American",etc,etc.
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:45 am

WWOOOWWW HHHOOOO , what a win, what a great game, 5-2 , and it makes you proud to be an American, well half an American anyway with duel nationality,Great game Girls sorry players,you were fantastic,what a game , what an experience so glad I was there to give this report.

Me, Agnes and Cuthbert left for the airport on out tricycles with the woven bags on the back at like 4 .30 this morning, things were going great for the first couple of miles then Cuthbert tried to do a 180 on River Road when he saw a store selling cokes for 80 cents,normally there at least 99 cents so he realized what a deal that was and he was going to buy two,one for the journey there and one for the return trip.
Unfortunately he didn't see the sewage truck coming from cleaning out the Porter Potties from the camp ground in the Forest Preserve ,bugger was doing 45 mph in a 35 limit, and when that thing hit the breaks and the sludge shot out the top ,you kind of sensed things were not going to end well.
My guess is it topped out at about a 100 feet in the air, stopped, and then it accelerated pretty dam fast heading back to earth, oh and Cuthbert, who slipped his trike gear into first hit the peddles and broke the chain, but I must admit the look on his face was pretty priceless when that first 1/2 ton of poop was a couple of feet from his head and his little legs were spinning those pedals and getting nowhere.
I will be the first to admit the flight to Vancouver was not the most pleasant I have ever experienced, but even Agnes said that having the 12 seats between the three of us gave us plenty of space to stretch out, and that was kind of nice.
Same as when we got to the game, our tickets in the upper section, Row ZZ were fairly far from the pitch, but once again a lot of people chose to give us a lot of room and stand in the isles, so we each had plenty of room to put our feet over the seats in front and relax.
I bought a program, a hot dog, and a Mountain Dew, for less than 45 quid in Canadian money, Agnes said that was a bit expensive and I guess it was, but lets be serious this is a once in a life time experience so it was time to splash out.
We only had like 9 1/2 hours to wait before the game kicked off ,so we had plenty of time to take in the sights and smells of the stadium, but to be honest having Cuthbert sitting less than three rows away did kind of hide that wonderful fried onion smell of the dog toppings.
OK bed time for me , but be sure to come back tomorrow for the full 90 minute report on the game.
gillsfan1066

PreviousNext

Return to Football Discussion