Women's 2015 World Cup Thread

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Re: Women's 2015 World Cup Thread

Postby Rimshot » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:46 am

Yep, they are making me eat my words. The one thing you can say is that, unlike their male counterparts, they are playing at their best in the tournament. Beating the host country is a big performance.
Rimshot

Postby bunburygills » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:38 am

Best of luck against Japan, they just defeated the Matildas. They're the World Champions and Asia champions. They are a smaller team but probably the most technically gifted team. I'm tipping them to win the cup from Germany. The USA are good but still not firing on all cylinders yet. England are definitely improving after that poor start against France. Strange that Japan are so good yet their men are ranked so much lower. Perhaps this will wake them up too. 54,000 at Vancouver for the Canadian game. Eat your heart out 1066....
bunburygills

Postby Rimshot » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:29 am

Don't worry, he'll be back on board if the USA wins it.
Rimshot

Postby Garawa » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:12 pm

Ha ha. I saw an article today that asked why women's football is proliferated with male coaches and then watched Cadbury's link and the part that said "There are lesbians everywhere, they are swarming". That's that answered, lol.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:57 am

BACK on Board, haha sorry never got on this boat, and if I did want anyone to win it it would be England. Best bit of the whole thing is reading the psycho story about Hope Solo,wwooww hhoo there's proof that heading the ball screws up your brain.
The World Cup in South Africa was ruined for me by those bloody Vuvuzela horns, the few minutes I have seen of this has been ruined by screaming little girls, which have every right to go and scream and cheer on their sides, they paid their dough so they could go and scream ,so good for them, not for me thanks.
It's just like women's golf , going to be the next big thing, yeah yeah yeah still waiting for that. Enjoy the womens World Cup Gentlemen, Go England I hope you win every 43 years is it, good I won't be around for the next one ? Bit like watching Snodland Town play Bredhurst Juniors in some Kent League division 84 game, awful just bloody awful.
gillsfan1066

Postby bunburygills » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:11 am

Well, I picked that one wrong. USA thoroughly deserved to win that one. They're coming good at the right time. Cracking game in front of 51,000 fans. Great to see so many whole families there. Can't see that happening in the men's game with so many neanderthals (not alluding to you 1066, I know litigation is big business in the USA ) in the grounds. I'm still tipping Japan.
bunburygills

Postby Rimshot » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:20 pm

Wow, that's a deep hole but I can still hear someone.
Rimshot

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:42 am

IT'S Canada, of course there are whole family's there, they get three days of sunshine a year ,they didn't give a hoot about a football game going on ,they just wanted to get outside , I have told you before it's Canada they have nothing else to do, haha. Last official count 11,900 Americans emigrated to Canada, 330,000 emigrated from Canada to the America, say no more.
Hate to say it but the Neanderthals seem to be mainly SUPPORTERS OF EUROPEAN AND ENGLISH TEAM, out of interest is England still part of Europe, seems the continent of Europe has slid further and further east over the years, when I was at school it used to end where Greece and Turkey met , now it seems anything east of Constantinople counts as Europe. Just think in a few years you guys will probably be considered American if everything keeps sliding east, the State of England with the HQ in Washington DC,haha.
Here when we go to games away fans are welcome to share the dogs and burgers and beer anyone has in the parking lot , one of the things about out footie is we have fun for an hour or two before the game tailgating, BBQ's going everywhere, playing pong , bean bag corn hole, a soccer kick about in the parking lot, and if I support the Chicago Fire and wear the shirt and my wife wears say a New York Red Bulls shirt no one says a word, bit of banter but nothing nasty.
I think it's because we play our games in the summer, nice 70/80 degree evenings, few beers ,BBQ, game of footie , what more could anyone want ?
Unlucky England o g in the last minute, tried to watch it but having to listen to 40,000 screaming girls in the stands , commentators that seemed to not know a football game was going on, and then having to listen to 11 Japanese players screaming at each other on a miked field , too much, just too much for one man to handle, well sober at least.
gillsfan1066

Postby bunburygills » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:37 am

Must say England were a tad unlucky, having said that, their penalty was seriously soft. I think a little breeze came through and knocked her off her feet and made her roll a couple of times. Should be a good final in Vancouver with a full house of "screaming girls". I'm looking forward to it. As for women's golf 1066, what's wrong with it? If you want the next big thing look no further than Mingee Lee, a Perth teenager who has just taken over as Australia's number one from Karrie Webb. I know, you hate the thought of being out driven by a small, slim, beautiful 17 year old girl. Don't forget, she can only get better, you can only get worse. Next time I visit the USA I'll visit the deep south and have some cajun food with you and all your swamp mates. I'll see if I've still got my white pointed hat and I'll bring my colt 45 with me. Should be fun.
bunburygills

Postby CadburyMan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:28 am

At least they can get home now - there's a pile of laundry and washing-up that needs to be done ;-)
CadburyMan

PreviousNext

Return to Football Discussion