FIFA corruption

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Re: FIFA corruption

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun May 31, 2015 12:50 am

FBI nonsense, what the hell does that mean ? Lazy bastards have sat on their butts for years and done nothing about it but tut tut, that guy S B is so crooked but lets not say anything we don't want to upset the apple cart do we , at least we got the ball rolling ??
You sound like the duck or goose or what ever, the sky is falling ,the sky is falling, easy Big G your footie will go on just the same as it has always done only with a everyone looking over their shoulders and doing things right for a change, amazing how the thought of a few years behind bars seems to make people think twice about their actions.
All the individual representatives from each and every country will now be under investigation and their own country's will be looking into their financial matters, not many leaders like to know the minister of sport earned more than they did, haha.
I think you like the world to stay just as it is don't you , no waves just a nice mill pond to row across. Gillingham ticking along bouncing between the Third and Fourth Division, lets not do anything drastic , we finished mid table this year, that was pretty good wasn't it , I mean after all we have been doing that for a 100 years and Mr Scally seems happy and if Mr. Scally is happy then Big G is happy and so the rest of us should be happy to , am I right ??
Come on Garawdeyboomseyay see GFC for what they are, a team that has been treading water for a 100 + years, a team owned by a guy with no ambition, a guy who wants to live in Dubai and show the world what a big shot he is but doesn't want to take risks, and genuinely doesn't want to put a few million into anything that won't make him money, like players.
Go to the Bank and take out a couple of Million Scally, put the ground up as collateral on an overdraft, buy some dam good players and lets kick ass next season, haha yeah like that would ever happen.
I am just funning with you Mr G, but I find it so sad that I started supporting GFC back in the early 60's and here we are almost 50 years on and we have done bugger all for that whole time except spend one "glory ass " year in the all most big boys league and a couple of others trying to avoid relegation from that division, and people on here seem to think that's fine, I just don't get it.
gillsfan1066

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Sun May 31, 2015 10:51 am

What really should of happened on Friday was that The Presidential Elections were suspended until the outcome of The FBU Investigation, the fact that the election went on as usual and Sepp Blatter was appointed as FIFA President really does tell you everything about FIFA.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32942569

David Gill did not attend Saturday's first executive committee meeting following Blatter's re-election to a fifth term and he has resigned.
fan_of_mulligan

Postby Garawa » Sun May 31, 2015 1:11 pm

All I am saying is that FIFA were being investigated by Swiss authorities where they are based. Suddenly the FBI (who I don't believe hold any jurisdiction in Switzerland) get involved and arrest everybody EXCEPT the main perpetrator who then wins another term unopposed!!!! I'm sorry but that sounds even more corrupt then anything else. The FIFA exec committee was a house of cards and I think it was ready to fall on Blatter. Now the rest have been discredited no-one will trust anything they say and it paved the way for Mr Blatter to get away scot-free. The Americans who were not directly involved nor are the world's police who allowed him to do it when I think the Swiss authorities would have carried more respectability.

It was mentioned about major supporters being American companies and that may be accurate but personally I saw an article (I think from Alexi Lallas) about the American's being peeved about missing out on a World Cup finals which they only staged a few years ago anyway. That wasn't dodgy....that was as it should have been!!!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:47 am

WWOOOWW hhhooo the Swiss authorities were working the case, haha old Joseph first took officer what 17 years ago and their still working the case. Bastards been corupt ever since he took office, give me a break, the Einsatzgruppe Tigris couldn't find their butts if they had their heads stuck up them.
We had the World Cup here in 1994 over 20 years ago it was North Americas time again, Mexico can not afford it, Canada doesn't want it so it was obvious that the US should have got it, but no Qatar got it and you bet your life we were pissed.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:40 am

So the USA gets to hold it every other decade whilst England gets to have it every other generation! That would cost a lot of money, not sure even the USA would be able to afford Blatter's "fees" for that one!

Garawa

Postby Rimshot » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:15 pm

That would still be a far better option than going to a country with no footballing credentials, no domestic league to speak of, no sporting influence in the region and crucially no serious fan base or suitable playing conditions.

This will be the most elitist World Cup ever, with scarcely any attendance from the working population, most of which is bonded contract immigrant labour. The poor bastards who have in many cases ( it's well over 350) given their lives building the stadia won't get anywhere near the games.

There are NO redeeming features of the World Cup being held in Qatar and that's before you take the bribery and corruption into account. I would dearly like to see some fans action group launched to boycott both the event and the goods/services of any sponsors who remain involved.
Rimshot

Postby Garawa » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:57 pm

I agree with that but I believe they are investigating the Russian bid and said the USA should host instead. I'm pretty sure the USA and England pulled out of one and went head to head for the other....which one I can't remember but for the American's to just say to Russia "it's a fix and it's ours" when England were also in the running is just as bad!

Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:39 am

North America, South America, Europe , and the rest of the World, and Europe has had the W C twice since we had it in 1994, and oh look, BIGGEST GATES of any WORLD CUP 1994 USA, guess that must mean something, and it's not my fault that since 1966 you let Germany have it twice, Italy, France and Spain have the WC without putting up a fight to get it back in England, still it probably was for the best ,getting knocked out in the first round would have proved a little embarrassing don't you think??
gillsfan1066

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:29 pm

Good to see Blatter has finally resigned,long overdue.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Garawa » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:21 pm

I think long overdue will be what they say when he clears his desk. I've read he could still be sorting his successor after Christmas. Now they say he is under investigation whilst another says he isn't but the damage has been done somewhat now as he has bought himself another 6 months at least to either squeeze more out of the organisation or to cover his tracks. It wouldn't have taken the others to tell to get him under investigation because they would have likely have told more knowing he already was. Furthermore it does also suggest that they HAVE spilled the beans and this whole affair has let him slip into another term when, had they not all been arrested, they might possibly have taken him down then. This gets murkier and murkier!

Garawa

PreviousNext

Return to Football Discussion