Bit of a shame

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Bit of a shame

Postby Garawa » Wed May 13, 2015 1:21 pm

QPR have been relegated. Probably less likely to get Ehmer or even Doughty again next season. But there is a bigger shame than that. With Burnley already relegated I was quietly hoping that Sunderland and Newcastle would go down and Middlesbro go up in the play-offs. After years of being the poor relation can you imagine the celebrations on Teeside?!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Bit of a shame

Postby Rimshot » Wed May 13, 2015 3:29 pm

Yes, Joey Barton aside, I've always quite liked them. Great characters like Rodney Marsh, Terry Venables and Stan Bowles. They do like a ducker and a diver there don't they ?
Rimshot

Postby Garawa » Wed May 13, 2015 3:52 pm

Its a bit weird really, they kind of matched Burnley results wise but spent 10 times as much. Proves with even with substantial clout and one of the countries leading scorers it can't beat a team ethic even if that team cost peanuts. Man City are you reading this?!?!?

Garawa

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Wed May 13, 2015 8:27 pm

QPR might not even be in The Football League next season if QPR are refused entry into The Championship for breaking Financial Fair Play Rules.

Although if your bouncing between the wealth and riches of The Premier League and the financial turn-over for clubs in The Championship, then your bound to be breaking these rules.

Financial Fair Play sounds great in principle, but if you have ambitions to get into The Premier League or move up through the divisions in The Football League, then your going to be spending more then your usual turn-over.
fan_of_mulligan

Postby Garawa » Wed May 13, 2015 9:16 pm

You have to go the right way about it. Gone are the days you simply take a punt and blow the budget for the next 4 seasons, you have to build slowly and invest once there unless a rich benefactor can pull a fiddle with a dodgy income stream. For those that yo-yo the parachute payments aimed at offsetting some of that investment needed to compete at the top flight should allow the clubs to not breach the fair play rules unless they spend wildly over the top. Even with an income of £70m odd some sides spent less than a tenth (Burnley only spent £8m or so) and I believe Blackpool still haven't! Its the equivalent of us spending a few thousand - perhaps these fair play rules are tougher than we imagine and yet some of our fans on the Facebook pages etc seem to think we can buy anyone and pay anything!

Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat May 16, 2015 3:28 am

Being overseas I hate seeing London and South East in general clubs get relegated, don't really give two hoots about anything further north than Watford, although in saying that I have always had a soft spot for Ipswich and Norwich.
gillsfan1066

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sat May 16, 2015 6:52 pm

fan_of_mulligan wrote:QPR might not even be in The Football League next season if QPR are refused entry into The Championship for breaking Financial Fair Play Rules.

Although if your bouncing between the wealth and riches of The Premier League and the financial turn-over for clubs in The Championship, then your bound to be breaking these rules.

Financial Fair Play sounds great in principle, but if you have ambitions to get into The Premier League or move up through the divisions in The Football League, then your going to be spending more then your usual turn-over.

I cannot see the FA booting QPR out of the Championship,even if they deserve it.It would cause a massive storm.They may get a deduction and fine,but I don`t see them getting booted out.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun May 17, 2015 2:15 pm

I said that about the Rangers north of the border and someone at the Scottish FA didn't listen to me, boy did that turn out to be a disaster when they got sent down, I think the first year Celtic were like 1/50 to win the Title and the second club was like 30/1. Now don't get me wrong I have always kind of considered Scottish football apart from the big two or three about one step up from Welsh football, Inverness Caladonian Thistle play in front of 3,500 fans in a stadium that looks like the Ritz, how these clubs manage to do it I don't know ??
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Sun May 17, 2015 6:37 pm

I think that's Scotland all over.....free everything because it's paid for by the English ;-)

Garawa

Return to Football Discussion