MK Franchise United = SCUM!!
mark8364

Re: What does it grate so????

Postby Rimshot » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:42 pm

Nicely put and well argued Mark.
Rimshot

Postby Rimshot » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:07 am

...and another dreadful result for them.
Rimshot

Postby Robpthegills » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:15 pm

I really dont know what the issue is.

Most football clubs evolved from the break up or ending of a previous one. Not that many clubs are still the original name or in the original location.

So what the guy went around the roundabouts just to get a league club. The fact is they are a football league club they are better than us by a country mile and they have better support than they ever did in their previous guise.

Lots more to worry about than the fact Winkleman was naughty.
Robpthegills

Postby Garawa » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:46 pm

I completely agree. I understand the sensivities from from the AFC quarters but I just cannot get my head round almost all football media pretending that somehow the 2 clubs have switched identities and compete as each other. Very bizarre.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Poshgill » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Comparing teams from the past to MK is not accurate. Yes, even Gills have had a name change and Arsenal moved grounds but they never alienated their fans or moved to gain a league position. That is exactly what Don's did. MK had a perfectly decent non-league side. If Winkleman had taken them on and come through the football league pyramid, they would have been much more respected. If Wimbledon had been unable to maintain their league status, then they should have been replaced by one of the clubs that have toiled for years to gain league status. I have asked a few MK fans who they supported before the club was formed and very few are honest. Some claim that they never supported anyone. A few say Watford or Cobblers. No one says Wimbledon which puts paid to any argument that Wombles fans would travel to see their team. Interestingly Winkleman has admitted that he went about it the wrong way and would do it the 'right way' if he could go back.
Poshgill

Postby Robpthegills » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:25 pm

I would rather spend my time disliking certain premier clubs.

Like man city who have got around the issue of players wages not exceeding income by approving a sponsorship deal with a company that is owned by the owners so in others words I will give myself all my money and we can pay whatever wages we want to mock the new regulations.

Or QPR who for the Third time running try to buy an entire squad in a transfer window. Harry Redknapp on the radio today saying "its terrible out there you try to strike a deal and an agent is trying to get him to sign elsewhere, its not a nice business" SAYS HE after hijacking the newcastle signing of a french striker by offering the player 70k a week after the player had agreed 40k a week at the toon, who now Romances Odemwingie who is with West Brom who are 8th in the premiership but wants to leave to join QPR on the promise of over double his salary. When it all goes wrong what will happen with these teams. Portsmouth and Leeds try to buy the glamour and both have nearly folded as a consequence. In fact if there was any justice Portsmouth would not exist anymore.

Thats what bugs me about football.
Robpthegills

Postby Poshgill » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:47 pm

I'm not really interested in 'Hollywood' football as it will never affect the Gills. Money has corrupted the premiership and it just bores me. However, what happened at MK should concern us all. There but for the grace of god etc. I can't imagine Rimshot et al would be quite so supportive if Gills had been bought and moved to Andover (for instance).
Poshgill

Postby Garawa » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:05 pm

I agree with everything you have all said but everything you describe is emotive issues. When you strip it all away you get left with cold hard facts that AFC Wimbledon are a new club promoted through the pyramid system and therefore have not won the FA Cup and MK Dons are a (vile) rename and relocation (like many other clubs before them) of Wimbledon FC and therefore HAVE won the FA Cup. If they are a new club how did they start life in the Football League?

Emotions are such a huge part of football they really cloud judgement and facts. What Rob mentions however is much more clear cut, how these clubs can continue in this climate is digusting and deserves to fail especially as many other top clubs have reined in the spending and are far more prudent. I said a while back that Abramovich can sell a seat to his missus for £10m by taking out of one account and putting it in the clubs account. Its no different to taking it out of your pocket and putting it in your wallet instead. The rules need major reworking to avoid just a couple of clubs being super rich whilst the rest flounder. It would be better to reduce the percentage and base it on the overall sales of the lowest 50% cost price of tickets sold.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Rimshot » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:12 am

posh what you have always failed to address is the fact that had Wimbledon fans actually bothered to support the club it would never have moved. Winkelman has created a solvent, reasonably successful club playing in a great stadium,in front of decent crowds.-Afc Wimbledon's rump actually took the kick in the arse and,fair play to them, have risen again.
Net result more people watching league football in not one but two locations.
To me that looks fine.
Rimshot

PreviousNext

Return to Football Discussion