England Thread

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Re: England Thread

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:09 pm

England 2-0 Estonia.It wasn`t a good game,but it is expected with us already qualified.9 wins out of 9 in the group,We have set a new record now for qualifying.Hopefully we can make it 10 out of 10 on Monday against Lithuania.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Garawa » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:46 pm

Hope we are not using up all the wins in qualifying!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:24 pm

Garawa wrote:Hope we are not using up all the wins in qualifying!

The friendlies coming up after against the likes of Spain,Germany,and France will show us how good we`re.We haven`t been tested defensively yet,so these games will certainly do that.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:47 pm

It was good to see a young experienced side get a good 0-3 win against Lithuania to complete a perfect qualifying.10 wins from 10 is decent even though the opposition is not great.Winning is a good habit to have.Butland didn`t have much to do,but will certainly gain 50+ caps.Vardy and Kane were unlucky not to have a goal each,but I thought Barkley again bossed the game.Spain next in November for the start of the friendlies.Hopefully we can keep this winning feeling going.

Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:19 pm

Guess I am just an old misery, and yes 10 out of 10 is fantastic stuff, and yes you can only play against the teams you have drawn in your group , I know all about that, but I find it hard to get excited playing against teams that have not even got a " National Stadium" as big as Gillinghams ground.
Still we live in hope, but you watch when the draw takes place France will get Iceland as it's team to beat, Italy will get Austria, , Germany will get Albania and England will get Portugal or Belgium and our " scubbs " that round out the group will be Croatia and and Romania, you can bet the farm on that.
gillsfan1066

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:24 pm

gillsfan1066 wrote:Guess I am just an old misery, and yes 10 out of 10 is fantastic stuff, and yes you can only play against the teams you have drawn in your group , I know all about that, but I find it hard to get excited playing against teams that have not even got a " National Stadium" as big as Gillinghams ground.
Still we live in hope, but you watch when the draw takes place France will get Iceland as it's team to beat, Italy will get Austria, , Germany will get Albania and England will get Portugal or Belgium and our " scubbs " that round out the group will be Croatia and and Romania, you can bet the farm on that.

I agree it is boring constantly playing against minnows in Qualifying and knowing you will win comfortably.I guess at least it gives you a winning habit,as we have hardly lost or at all since we went out in Brazil 3 years ago.

Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Garawa » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:59 pm

They have announced the seedings and Wales and Northern Ireland are both in pot 4 so we can't meet both but we could end up with this!

ENGLAND
ITALY
REPUBLIC OF IRELAND (if they win their play off)
WALES

Ouch.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:56 pm

Garawa wrote:They have announced the seedings and Wales and Northern Ireland are both in pot 4 so we can't meet both but we could end up with this!

ENGLAND
ITALY
REPUBLIC OF IRELAND (if they win their play off)
WALES

Ouch.

That would be a tough group,seeing as we`re seeded.

Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:25 pm

I thought we got outclassed last night against Spain.They kept the ball for long periods,and we struggled to keep it when we had it.We hardly created any chances either.We were missing some good players,but it shows we still struggle against the best sides.We won our group easily,but against the best Teams we will keep being outclassed until we change our style of play from bottom to the top level.It was our first defeat since the World Cup so that is one positive.These friendly games against tough opposition are what we need,but it is the same problems each time we come up against the best.

Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:03 am

Carrick and Delph were both a bit of a waste of space, we gave the ball away when ever we could, and only Bertrand and Sterling looked anything like " world class ".
I guess the "wonder goal" was very impressive although another foot or so to the keepers right and it would have just gone down as a great try, but all in all I think were looking just about the same as ever, also rans.
gillsfan1066

PreviousNext

Return to Football Discussion