England Thread

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Re: England Thread

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:46 am

Well that game was probably one of the worst 90 minutes I have watched of Football,and I have watched Gills for years ;).The game was certainly played like a friendly,when with it almost being a derby game you would expect more passion.The players looked in holiday mode,which shows that these games should not be played in June.I would have liked to have seen Vardy play more than 15-20 minutes,and seen Austin play some part of the match as what is the point otherwise? Hopefully the Slovenia qualifier is better next week.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:25 pm

I am disappointed that Joe Hart, Raheem Sterling and Wayne Rooney all started yesterday, I would of liked to have seen Tom Heaton, Andros Townsend and Charlie Austin all start instead of those three, Nathaniel Clyne, Jamie Vardy and Ross Barkley should of started as well and perhaps we could of given Rob Green forty five minutes if we decided to give both goalkeepers one half each.

At least if England did that and drew 0-0 with The Republic Of Ireland, we can speak about the experimental line up and seeing what the likes of Charlie Austin and Jamie Vardy can do when there given the opportunity to start, giving Jamie Vardy fifteen minutes and playing close to our strongest line up will mean that yesterday's result is more criticised, despite the fact that England haven't beaten The Republic Of Ireland in thirty years.
fan_of_mulligan

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:42 am

Yawn , wwooww fell asleep in the first half , just woke up ,what happened to Monday, I seemed to have missed it,THATS HOW BLOODY BORING THAT GAME WAS.
gillsfan1066

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:36 pm

Only a few players looked like they were trying which was a shame.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:47 pm

Some of these players have been playing one or two games a week since last August, and that didn't include the World Tours most of them were on in June and July, I can not blame them for not being enthused to play friendly's in the following June, almost 12 months later against teams like Ireland. When the hell do these guys get a few weeks off, eating steak every night gets boring eventually.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:56 pm

This is the stupidity of it all. The clubs moan like mad how many fixtures there are during the season knowing there are national matches and still go on jollies around the globe adding dozens more. The players DO play a lot but no more than clubs like ours (Egan played 52 matches this season) but if you don't let them have a close season break then they can hardly complain. I know this was for England but it won't be their last match before the season starts again!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:12 pm

I would like to see Austin start tomorrow,but I reckon we will play a similar Team to the Ireland game.Lets hope it is a better game than last week!

Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:55 pm

Well that was a better performance than last week,but it wasn`t a comfortable win.I think offensively we`re really good,but defensively we struggle as we don`t know our best back four.I think Roy should give Clyne and Bertrand the full back positions,and Cahill and Smalling the CB spots over a number of games,as we need to get a consistent defence.I thought Wilshere was MOTM as he ran the midfield in the second half,and scored his first two England goals which were both belters.Rooney missed a few chances,but got the all important winner which he now equals Gary Lineker on 48 goals.Also we have gone a whole season without losing for the first time in 24 years which is good.It would have been nice to have seen Charlie Austin play some part of the two games,but i`m sure his chance will come.

Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:50 pm

England 3-2 Slovenia - A win away at our nearest challenger's, three points and a commanding position in Group E as Switzerland are six points behind us and England will secure qualification for Euro 2016 with a guaranteed win against Sam Marino in September.

Jack Wilshere got England out of jail with two sensational strike's, the second goal was a goal of genuine quality with some fantastic build up play, a great layoff by Adam Lallana and brilliant strike from Jack Wilshere, but we still needed a late winner from Wayne Rooney to re-take the lead and I thought that Wayne Rooney missed two absolute sitter's when England were on top, but like all good striker's he scores when it really matter's and those missed opportunities would of been big talking points had England drew or lost, but with that late winner those misses are now minor talking points.

Defensively we're suspect and Phil Jones isn't a right back and Chris Smalling shouldn't be in The England Squad let alone starting, Phil Jagielka and Gary Cahill are our best defensive partnership and I also think that Ryan Bertrand should start ahead of Kieran Gibbs and Nathaniel Clyne should start at right back, too many times players are picked because of the clubs they play for and not because they are play well and I would like to see this changed.

I know San Marino won't give England a great test defensively but I would like to see this team play in our next qualifier.

Forster
Clyne, Stones, Jagielka, Bertrand
Milner, Wilshere, Henderson
Walcott, Austin, Vardy

With qualification almost assured, I think Roy Hodgson needs to start looking at players who are outside his usual starting eleven to see if anyone else can make a case for there place in England's 23 Man Squad for Euro 2016, That's what annoyed me about The Republic Of Ireland Friendly, we stuck with the same old players, when we should of been giving opportunities to Jamie Vardy and Charlie Austin to start for England and play 60 - 65 minutes.
fan_of_mulligan

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:12 pm

This video from Comedian and Football fan Eddie Brimson,is well worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsyD8j0gC4k

Kent_UckyFriedGills

PreviousNext

Return to Football Discussion