Could this be the end of The Emergency Loan System?

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Could this be the end of The Emergency Loan System?

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:43 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31857122

The Football Association will talk to Fifa this week about extending the emergency loan system which many lower league clubs believe is vital to their existence.
fan_of_mulligan

Re: Could this be the end of The Emergency Loan System?

Postby Garawa » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:56 pm

This is something I have never quite understood. I fully understand how the loan system works in a country but not worldwide. For example Russia's season has a 3 month winter break so doesn't quite take advantage of the transfer windows from other countries and the loan windows close before they return back. The USA season starts considerably later and you could have players loaned between Europe and the USA almost 12 months of the year!

For that reason why bother mucking about with it? It should be down to the individual FA's to manage and as each transfer window differs dramatically from one country to another, so to could this. It states England is the only country to use it but then that is what helps support the depth of sides we have. The alternative of hiring a much bigger squad would be unviable, especially when we would bear the brunt the most from FIFA's Qatar World Cup fiasco! Perhaps they want most of our smaller clubs to go bust, they do seem to hate us with a passion lately.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:07 pm

Always said they want a Premier League a Championship and the rest of the teams in the 1st and 2nd divisions that are taking so much money and stopping the Premier owners from paying Rooney 200 million pounds a game can go screw ourselves and we can become semi pro teams and play in some Kent or South East League and be forgotten
gillsfan1066

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:06 pm

Garawa wrote:This is something I have never quite understood. I fully understand how the loan system works in a country but not worldwide. For example Russia's season has a 3 month winter break so doesn't quite take advantage of the transfer windows from other countries and the loan windows close before they return back. The USA season starts considerably later and you could have players loaned between Europe and the USA almost 12 months of the year!

For that reason why bother mucking about with it? It should be down to the individual FA's to manage and as each transfer window differs dramatically from one country to another, so to could this. It states England is the only country to use it but then that is what helps support the depth of sides we have. The alternative of hiring a much bigger squad would be unviable, especially when we would bear the brunt the most from FIFA's Qatar World Cup fiasco! Perhaps they want most of our smaller clubs to go bust, they do seem to hate us with a passion lately.

I also think that the transfer windows are good entertainment (especially transfer deadline day), but it is bad for business and clubs spend way over what they should do to sign players, the only clubs who can spend that sort of money are Premier League Clubs and a handful of Championship Clubs, the rest rely on the loan system because there is nothing in the bank for transfer fee's, but the loan system makes sense business wise, you sign a good player on a 93 day loan, a five month or a season long loan and that player has signed for you on the provision that they are going to play competitive first team football.

Why not have a domestic transfer window that runs between the two transfer windows, players cannot be sold in either domestic window but can be loaned out or loaned in, and make this a option for all clubs, not just in England or Europe, but world-wide, if the loan system gets scrapped then expect to see Premier League B Teams playing in League Three a lot sooner then we think will happen, I am convinced Premier League B Teams will happen, regardless of whether the Emergency Loan System stays or goes, and it will happen, regardless of what Clubs, The Football League and Non League Clubs will say about it, with that new TV Deal, The Premier League Clubs will offer Football League Clubs life-changing amounts of money if they agree to Premier League B Teams, and those who say no, will see The Solidarity Payments pulled underneath from there feet, and clubs need that money to survive so in the end they will vote yes.

I also think it's stupid to have one transfer system for everyone, because every country is different and there league's run at different times during the year, it make sense for the two transfer windows to focus on International and Permanent Transfers, and then you can have a domestic transfer window which will allow clubs to loan players, or possibly allow clubs to complete 2-3 permanent signings (especially if clubs change manager's), as this gives them a chance to bring in there own players early and when the window opens, make some additional signings to strengthen there squads.

The only thing I change for The Loan System is the name, because it isn't a Emergency Loan System, because if it was a Emergency Loan System, you could only sign players if you have a injury crises or no goalkeeper available, just change the name to "Loan System" and maybe fine tune The Loan System so that Youth Loans, Short Term Loans and Season Long Loans all count as the same loan, so if your only allowed to name five loan signings in your squad, but your allowed to potentially sign ten loan players during the season, then ten is the amount of loan signings you can make throughout the entire season.

Gills have used nine loan signings this season as Stephen Bywater, Max Ehmer, Kortney Hause, Adam Chicksen, Bradley Garmston, Amari'i Bell, Michael Doughty, Oliver Muldoon and John Marquis have all signed for Gillingham on loan and we could make another loan signing between now and the end of the season.
fan_of_mulligan

Postby Garawa » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:25 pm

If the loan system goes you will end up with bigger squads with players on pay as you play deals. "League 3" if it does ever come back into contention won't happen for years. Teams with excessively large squads won't pay to have players lying around not playing so will cut their squads to what is actually needed (most Premier League sides could field 7 or 8 sides with their senior squads). Clubs like ours would need a greater pool of players to call upon should they incur an injury crisis or have a sickness bug go through the squad. Laws of supply and demand would apply as there would be a glut of surplus players that smaller clubs couldn't afford to pay so players would face either taking much smaller deals or finding a job outside of football. The eventual result would be an even greater number of good players not getting the development they need thus impacting on the future success of the national side.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to Football Discussion