DESPICABLE BEHAVIOUR OF CHELSEA FANS

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

DESPICABLE BEHAVIOUR OF CHELSEA FANS

Postby Rimshot » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:05 pm

Football continues to attract the lowest forms of life, as evidenced by the despicable behaviour of some Chelsea fans on the Paris metro. It would be bad enough to encounter it in the UK, seeing it in someone else's country somehow makes it even worse.
These 'fans' are a disgrace to their club, their country and their families; there is nothing to explain or excuse their behaviour other than a collective IQ in single figures and probably a level of personal achievement somewhere around zero.
Rimshot

Re: DESPICABLE BEHAVIOUR OF CHELSEA FANS

Postby Garawa » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:49 pm

We would raise hell if another country's fans came over here and acted like that. We can hold our heads high as some of the best behaved fans around after over-coming years of being tarred as hooligans.......until now.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:24 am

Chelsea fans look like Saints compared to the Feyenoord fans, lol. Go to the South side of Chicago and see what the African Americans call you.
I find it so hard to believe that people buy into this lets love everyone bit ,lets all hold children' s hands and walk out onto the pitch , half the familys in the World can not get on, and that's just Mom, Dad and a couple of kids and yet all the "do goodrs" want every race and nation , creed and religion to all sit around and sing Kumbaya together.
Guy should have given up trying to be Nelson Mandela and moved to another carriage , why the hell would you even want to get in that one when people are being jerks to you and thats when your still on the platform.
Lets see one of me, on the platform, 20 black/Indian/Chinese/French or what ever guys inside shouting we hate the English or whitey or people with blue eyes, yeah I am going to make sure I get in that carriage, probably tell one of them to move his fat ass so I can sit down as well.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:39 pm

Whilst this behaviour will never be eradicated, it has become almost unheard of. Simply accepting it takes us back several decades. Should we go back to dragging women to places to dominate them? Should we replace democracy in civilised nations for extreme oppression? Things are for the better because this type of behaviour has ceased and our football can be admired around the world again, I don't these people representing me on the world stage. It seems to me in America "the land of the free" is about the rights of individuals to do what they like and damn anyone else. As for Chelsea, its a bit rich strongly condemning these actions when in the past they condoned similar from one of their players. Lead by example and all that....

Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:38 am

Yeah everything been left behind, like the 2 points we left behind today at Yeovil. We all love each other ,and Scally was in court because Mark McCammon wouldn't come to his house for lunch every Tuesday after practice ,or was that decades ago like way way back in what 2012 ??
Turn your TV on tomorrow and listen to the West Ham fans HISSING at the Spurs fans ,I wonder what that means,snakes on the field or something else ??
I would love to see the world all get on, no crime, er no I wouldn't I would be unemployed, but no one getting hurt when crimes take place, no one dying of cancer, or other nasty things and no one being mean to each other, just can not see it happening,especially as, God made us English people such a superior group, if we wern't we would have all been made like fuzzy wuzzy's,what ever they were wouldn't we Corporal Jones ??
gillsfan1066

Postby Elgrande » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:09 pm

I was determined to not make a comment because I knew some would slaughter me, but now the subject has been brought up I will have my say. Not condoning the Chelsea fans at all, but in some ways at least they were being honest rather than a lot of others who pretend to be open minded, but will still shy away from certain areas, shops or people in queues. That doesn't make it right at all.
What gets me though is that this incident involving 20 fans has been in the news for days, at The Africa Cup of Nations there was rioting, violence, tribal aggression, but hardly a murmur from the press?
Racism as defined now days happens all the time. Russians here in Spain treat other races with overt disdain and you here people making comments about "ignorant arrogant Russians, but that is white on white, still racist, but not visible. In Seville they were going to build a Mosque, the Spanish locals didn't want it so they buried a pig in the ground on the site meaning the ground was tainted, no Mosque. No big hoo ha over here, more a certain amount of admiration.
Try walking through parts of Thamesmead on your own and hear and feel the anti white sentiments.
What the Chelsea fans did was terrible, but the same things go on all over the world in all directions every day. For some reason though things like this are the only stories ever reported!
Elgrande

Postby Garawa » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:59 pm

I had the same in Erith (I visited my old Assistant Manager) and I have never felt so out of place! You and Gillsfan are right, it goes on all the time BUT this wasn't in a place where there is constant prejudice or hatred nor was it at a football match where it could be classified as banter as long as it stops the second it is outside the ground. This was fans who should know tolerance from a multi-cultural city behaving immorally in another multi-cultural city. It could almost be excused if it occurred in a place where it was rife but it didn't and all the time we make excuses for their behaviour it will never disappear.

It isn't about making the whole world love each other, it is about people from civilised nations treating each other with respect and if we can't manage that then we are no better than any nation that treats their compatriots like flies.

Garawa

Postby Elgrande » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:06 pm

I don't think anyone is making excuses, but you cannot make people like each other. A tolerant society means we tolerate, not embrace or like. The worse thing you can do is tell people they must do something because there will be those who won't just because they have been instructed to. As for a multiracial City. That is true, but don't confuse that with genuine mix of races all getting along together. That might happen in the wealthy areas, but go to Dalston, Brick Lane, Catford, Tottenham etc and you will see enclaves living totally separate lives from each other. Until people realise that the more you try and force integration the more people will oppose it then it will never work. People naturally mix with people who are similar to them whether they are of a different race or not, but if you are told you must mix then quite often people will stand with their own almost in defiance. Brits do it overseas, the French do it in London, the Yanks do it wherever they go. There are French schools in London, British and American schools all over Europe. Muslim schools all over the world. If people genuinely wanted to mix they would not exist!
Elgrande

Postby Garawa » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:33 pm

I absolutely agree with that 100% but that makes the behaviour of the Chelsea fans worse. There was no tolerating and the person could just as easily been an elderly white woman, it was the fact under no provocation they decided there and then to act to with racial prejudice. Had they not stated they were proud to be racist, it might not have been classed a race issue at all. Were these fans of Drogba just out of interest making them hypocrites as well!? Instances whereby years of oppression or poor integration result in issues need to be dealt with but can be understood, this instance doesn't fit into any of those and from the picture Chicago paints of America still in the 1890s it doesn't bode well for them!

Garawa

Postby Rimshot » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:27 pm

The answer is quite simple Elgrande; if you can recognise a prejudice you can deal with it, not indulge it. Feeling like you could belt the idiot who cuts you up on the motorway is no justification for running him off the road and doing it. Just because you have an emotional reaction doesn't make it right to act on it. Most of us learn that at about age 5.
Rimshot

Next

Return to Football Discussion