Poor Mark Warburton

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Poor Mark Warburton

Postby Garawa » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:41 pm

For me, Brentford have to be the biggest over-achievers. They had a tremendous season last season that saw Rossler leave to bigger and better things. It was a bit of a risk putting Warburton in charge but he barely lost a game, not only that but after promotion has taken them to the play-offs (although they are currently just outside). Given the size of the club, the resources at their disposal and the size of the clubs they are competing with, you would think that the bosses would be happy with a potential bonanza should they finish one place higher. Instead they decide that the whole club needs reorganizing and the man who currently has won more than half his games in charge (along with his staff) no longer fit in the new plans and have effectively delayed his sacking.

Is this football going even more crazy now sacking managers CURRENTLY doing a great job?? Should all managers now be sacked just in case or is this a good decision that I can't see? I guarantee the new regime will be sacked a year from now after it fails miserably! Madness.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Poor Mark Warburton

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:16 pm

I was shocked last week when there were rumours that Warburton`s position was under threat,and even more shocked when he was told he will be leaving at the end of the season.It is a case be careful what you wish for,as some of these owners have no idea how to run a Football Club.Warburton has done the best job in the Championship this season,as even though Howe has done great with Bournemouth they`re a lot more loaded than Brentford.Warburton`s win ratio is 54% and it`s ridiculous to get rid.They must be after a big name coach.I`m sure Warburton will get a good job come the end of the season,and I reckon Brentford might fall away a bit now as the focus must surely be affected.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Re: Poor Mark Warburton

Postby Garawa » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:45 pm

I think they are worried that might actually make the Premier League and would need a more experienced set up. Such a shame that they completely forget how they got there in the first place. I don't see Dyche at Burnley or Howe at Bournemouth as being any different and they didn't choose (so far) so do any different. I can't see anything other than failure.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to Football Discussion