Ched Evans joining League One club

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Ched Evans joining League One club

Postby mark8364 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:04 pm

PORT VALE
mark8364

Re: Ched Evans joining League One club

Postby mark8364 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:42 pm

OR OLDHAM ATHLETIC! Lots of conflicting stories!
mark8364

Postby Robpthegills » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:36 pm

I would have him at Gillingham.

I keep hearing people complain that he has shown no remorse. Well that is because he still claims to be innocent and is currently appealing against his verdict.

Whatever the outcome we live in a country with a judicial system. He has served his time.

I know many others will hold different opinions, this is just mine. If we dont we are basically sending out a message to all criminals. Go to prison and re offend because nobody will ever forgive you anyway.
Robpthegills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:43 pm

Think of course he would be good for us and the search will not only be on for a new manager but a travelling psychiatrist as well, this boy is going to take some stick from away fans for the rest of his life,but the first few weeks will be absolute murder. For his sake I think if he could join a promotion chasing side life would be better for him, but whats the saying , you make your bed and you lie on it. Still hope he come to Gillingham and we sell him on in a year or two for big bucks.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:09 pm

Rehabiliation yes, but not in a privileged position and one where you automatically become a role model otherwise the message is you can commit a hideous crime, serve a short sentence and still get to live your dream whilst the ones you hurt are too frightened to leave their house! I have a feeling he might be found innocent on his appeal but there has to be consequences when found guilty of violent crimes.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby CadburyMan » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:47 pm

The Plymouth keeper, McCormack, seems to have crept back in under the radar. If you recall he actually caused DEATHS whilst driving under the influence.

Are the seriousnesses of these two events so far removed ?
CadburyMan

Postby Garawa » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:43 pm

I'm not aware of him. They are not at all removed as I remember we had this conversation when Lee Hughes came back into football.

Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:00 am

That's a tough one, i know I have driven under the influence more times than I care to remember, not blitzed but with three beers in me instead of two, four instead of three,I don't think I ever went out in the morning thinking on the way home I will get over the limit, but it has happened ,get in with a bunch of guys and before you know it, Hello Hello Sir, have you been drinking.
My friend was picked up when some sober driver T boned him and the guy was in the wrong but Roy went to the cell for the night not the other guy.
I think the assault charge is different, yeah here the news no longer calls it rape of sexual assault, just assault,( bit like first division not third) and I always found that deplorable, never in my life was there a time when a woman said NO and meant yes,( OK well the wife most nights but thats because she is an old grump) .
I think I have got this right , a guy came to work for me,great fun guy, good good worker he is mid 30's and when he was 17 he slept with a girl who was 16, and her father found out and he spent 24 or 36 months in jail even though it was consensual sex her father made her say he raped her.
They married and have two or three children love each other but his whole life he has walked around under this cloud of rapist.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:31 pm

That is a different subject entirely though. I think if we can't name the victim to protect them then we shouldn't name the accused either until they are found guilty. Too many people seem to be found innocent and yet have still lost their jobs and families during the process.....totally wrong. In this case, in the eyes of the law, he is a convicted offender and until he can prove otherwise he has to live under that banner.

Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:16 pm

Good luck with not naming anyone, into days society they name the person doing the crime on twitter ten minutes before the crime is comited.
OK don't get me wrong (and I know you will) but suppose your loved one ,your wife was the victim of a hideous crime where she had no say in what happened to her,an innocent person,would you like her name mentioned, headlines reading "Tina GARAWARWARRAWWWA accuses Welsh International footballer of Rape",me thinks not.
gillsfan1066

Next

Return to Football Discussion