'Tis the season to be silly, tra la la la la, la la la la

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

'Tis the season to be silly, tra la la la la, la la la la

Postby Garawa » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:59 pm

So here we go, its silly season again. A time when footballers on £100k a week get so disheartened at not spending Boxing Day with their families they are forced to resort to desperate measures to escape, normally doing reckless challenges to earn the red card that ensures they miss the Christmas and New Year fixtures. We already saw 2 on Saturday, one where a layer was already on a yellow card then flew in with a leg breaker to earn a straight red.

This madness is so obvious. I saw a game a few years back where a player kept getting warned or a yellow and tried his hardest to get another, embarrassing to watch! We have had a bit ourselves so as we are at home Saturday in the last game before Christmas, who will get needlessly sent off for the Gills and miss Christmas?!?!

Any other examples of such blatant craziness please post here!!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: 'Tis the season to be silly, tra la la la la, la la la l

Postby lidbid46 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:49 am

Oooh, cynical Gary! I can't believe it, surely this never happens!? Footballers have integrity; are honest, upright men who would never do anything so underhand. Really Gary, get back in the real world, of Roy of the Rovers, Bobby Moore, Stanley Matthews etc. What, we're not in 1950 anymore? 2014? Oh dear, I was having a lovely dream....
lidbid46

Postby Garawa » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:35 pm

Ha ha, sad really isn't it. I'm sure our last one was Charlie Lee, always looked adamant about getting the ban. Will be watching Match of the Day tomorrow, I'm sure to see loads more!

Garawa

Postby lidbid46 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:44 pm

Think most of our defenders were on holiday yesterday!
lidbid46

Postby Garawa » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:29 pm

Perhaps they were going for the "play badly and get dropped" option instead!!! Didn't see any reckless sendings of either, Agbonalahor's was a little late but not silly.

Garawa

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:13 pm

Garawa wrote:Perhaps they were going for the "play badly and get dropped" option instead!!! Didn't see any reckless sendings of either, Agbonalahor's was a little late but not silly.

It looked like Dack was trying to get Boxing day off,one silly challenge after another and pushing their player,
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Return to Football Discussion