Need a "Character"

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Re: Need a "Character"

Postby Elgrande » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:33 pm

As for shouting on the steps of the Liver Building; doesn't that make my point! City of culture: only in a Lab!
Elgrande

Postby Rimshot » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:45 pm

Absolutely, simply can't compare with Basildon. Sorry guys nothing but prejudice in this thread, Liverpool has made outstanding contributions to British culture,let's just start with the biggest contribution ever to pop and rock , the Mersey influence changed popular music on a global level.

As for the cutting and pasting exercise, that got top billing because it was Real Madrid, please try to concentrate.
Rimshot

Postby Elgrande » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:00 am

Basildon is a dump; so what I have no association with Basildon apart from living near there for a few years and hated it. What has pop music got to do with the behaviour of football fans and the strange slant on reporting. Not prejudice; just people making a point about the strange way that one club seems to be the darling of the football press and the way their fans behaviour always seems to get the equivalent of air brushing.
Elgrande

Postby Rimshot » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:56 pm

You brought up City of culture not me Elgrande. Don't raise a point of discussion if you can't defend your view. The fact is Liverpool, whatever it's faults, has always contributed massively to our cultural heritage.
Rimshot

Postby Elgrande » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:59 pm

Yes I did bring up the City of Culture, but why mention Basildon? I have no connection as I never lived in Basildon, only close to it. Liverpool may have contributed to English culture, but so have many other Cities and Towns, but the press has this love affair with Liverpool FC. Not so much in the 60's when the "culture" was thriving, but mostly the late 70's and 80's when the likes of Derek Hatton were in the news. If Suarez had played for Man Utd and Ferguson had acted the same as Dalglish and Rogers the press would have slaughtered him.
Elgrande

Postby Elgrande » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:27 pm

So Brendan Rogers seems to be growing a Liverpool attitude to England and a wonderful way of trying to include players from other teams,

"Fast players would have a second day recovery while other players can work on that day.

"When you are that type of quick player like Daniel Sturridge, Raheem Sterling and boys like Danny Welbeck, you need to recover them."
Elgrande

Postby Elgrande » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:37 pm

It was a fairytale ending reminiscent of the many glorious European nights that Anfield witnessed under Gerard Houllier and Rafael Benitez, who led the Reds to the fifth European Cup triumph in 2005.
Liverpool scrape a win against a team that were amateur 4 years ago and this is the BBC lead comment! Work that out.
Elgrande

Previous

Return to Football Discussion