West Ham Fan thought it was "worth it"

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

West Ham Fan thought it was "worth it"

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:07 pm

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/dover/news/premier-league-pitch-invader-22057/

A West Ham "Fan" Invaded the pitch and took a free kick in The West Ham V Tottenham Match and will be handed a stadium ban and a £5,000 fan.

What bothers me the most about this article is this paragraph....

"My phone hasn't stopped going off and even Gary Lineker tweeted about it. My mates think I'm a legend."

He's not "a legend" he is a idiot, why are moments of stupidity celebrated as some sort of achievement or legendary status ??? - there have been far too many incidents where fans have got on to the playing surface and we have had a few at Priestfield like when that kid attacked The Wycombe Wandeers Goalkeeper.

He won't be a legend if West Ham are given a stadium ban for there next home league fixture.
fan_of_mulligan

Re: West Ham Fan thought it was "worth it"

Postby Garawa » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:42 pm

If they got a points deduction I bet he wouldn't be popular with his mates then!! This wouldn't work however as you can imagine if it was the last game of the season with 2 teams battling to stay in the league, a rival fan running on the pitch to ensure points are docked for the other team would be horrible.....unworkable really. Same with a stadium ban. It would be very hard on those that have never done anything like this to be banned from the ground.

Currently streakers get no publicity, the camera pans away and the amount has dropped a lot. This would be the same and the only suitable option and everyone in the media need to know that by "promoting" these types of actions they are effectively condoning it. Fines are OK if they really hit hard but how do you ensure those that can afford it don't do it for fun whilst others would have no way of paying a fraction of it. Can't think of a suitable punishment really other than all the players going on TV and calling him a k**b head!!!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:47 pm

Public stoning in the center circle at half time of the next home game, not to the death of course , just till unconscious, that will stop it.
gillsfan1066

Postby CadburyMan » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:59 pm

Stoning - no. I suggest soggy tomatoes and cabbages followed by a good tarring and feathering.
CadburyMan

Return to Football Discussion