Racist or libelous?

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Racist or libelous?

Postby Garawa » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:16 pm

So Sep Blatter has labelled the FA "racists" for demanding a recount on the 2018 and 2022 bids if suggested corruption was proved to be correct. Can anyone explain how and why this would be racist? Surely the FA didn't state that a particular nation well known for bribery was involved?! The issue was with different members from different nations so if they had stated something against those that had yet to be proved then surely the most it could be would be libelous instead.

Why is that anything said by an English person is automatically racist these days? I blame UKIP as they clearly aren't helping matters there!!! This whole situation stinks and the whole thing should be re-run openly. As both bids were chosen at the same time and, the fact we pulled out of 2022 to concentrate on the 2018 bid instead, surely both should be done again. Everyone knows Blatter and FIFA are corrupt but the attempt to pass the smell on to us cannot be allowed to happen!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Racist or libelous?

Postby Rimshot » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:45 am

I believe FIFA is run through with corruption. Last night's disgraceful refereeing in the opening game of the WC was so biased it appears that Brazil's home win is pretty much assured from the start.
Brown envelopes all round.
Rimshot

Return to Football Discussion