World Cup Feeeeeever.

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

World Cup Feeeeeever.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat May 31, 2014 10:44 pm

Watch the mighty England (proper noun) side beat the living bejeebers out of Peru, man oh man what a performance, immediately pulled all my bets off where I had them and place the whole dam two and sixpence on ENGLAND to win the lot.
Hope you all have World Cup FEEEEEEEVER, I don't think anyone here has , but I do, in the last 24 hours watched the England game, Italy and Ireland, Bosnia and Ivory Coast now watching Columbia and Senegal , and tomorrow Honduras and Israel and sandwiched in between Brazil and France playing in something called the Toulon Tournament which seems to be being played on the edge of a housing estate on what I assume is a school soccer pitch where no one is allowed to watch unless you stand outside the ground on the wall. ?
Thank God for the Giro d'Italia cycling, as long as it's not the speed trials.
GO ENGLAND there coming to Miami next week (why I have no idea ,but they are) and going to show all the doubters how good they really are GOOOOOO ENGLAND.
gillsfan1066

Re: World Cup Feeeeeever.

Postby Garawa » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:38 pm

Not really got excited about the friendlies. Think I need an opening ceremony to get me enthused, if the broadcasters can be bothered to show any of it and not spend hours talking to a load of arguing former players instead!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Gerald Griswold » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:55 am

Hi,

Thanks for the post about World Cup. Just a tip about those who don't live in countries that stream world cup online. You can use UnoTelly to remove the geoblock and stream World Cup 2014 in your country free worldcup.unotelly.com
Gerald Griswold

Postby Rimshot » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:19 am

I hardly think this could be described as 'fever', more like a mild chill. The only merchandise I've seen is stacked in Tesco, unsold. Was in Central Milton Keynes yesterday and not one England T-shirt being worn, whereas last time they were everywhere.

I do wonder if the whole of top level football is losing its appeal.
Rimshot

Postby Garawa » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:07 pm

I think people genuinely allow themselves to get whipped up into a frenzy only to be badly disappointed half-way through. This time I think everyone realises we aren't in the running and after recent tournaments don't have the same appetite for it. That's a shame because this will be the only time we will all come together and support the same side.

I remember 2 world cups ago everyone had flags everywhere and cars were plastered with them. I guess an 11pm kick-off won't help matters but if we win a couple of games I'm sure all that will change. I can't see anyone but a South American side winning but if they don't, I think we have a chance without the same weight of expectation. After all, if Greece could do it then I don't see why we couldn't!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to Football Discussion