Real Madrid masterclass

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Real Madrid masterclass

Postby Garawa » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:19 pm

I am a massive fan of football stats and facts but I have to concede that really it doesn't matter much as it doesn't determine the outcomes of games. However I do often see these types of stats used to berate or explain a Gills performance. So, after Real Madrid travelled to the current European Champions Bayern Munich and beat them 4-0, how incredible that they did it with only 31% possession! Next time we see the Gills with so little of the ball, it may be worth remembering this match!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Real Madrid masterclass

Postby Robpthegills » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:26 pm

yeah but we dont win many gary lol.

Also with respect to Real Madrid it was part of their game plan as it was Chelsea v Liverpool. Let the other team have the ball, let them play with it, and sucker them up the other end.

We do not have so little possession because of a game plan, we have so little possession because we are shite.

I watched the Chelsea game at liverpool and thought chelsea were superb. As was Madrid at home to Bayern and away to Bayern. The other teams had the ball lots but the defensive teams
were controlling things.

That cannot be said for the gill's performances this season.

Never mind. this year gone and a new one to look forward to
Robpthegills

Postby Garawa » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:25 pm

Absolutely, I think we will be different next season (think I might say that every year)!!

Madrid really showed that the only stat that matters is the score. I always thought they possibly deserved to win it this time with the players they had but that score was incredible, effectively scoring their 4 goals from 28 minutes of play with the ball!! Astonishing. How interesting it would be if Chelsea made it through as well, not many would bet against Mourinho and against his former club as well.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu May 01, 2014 12:00 am

A wonderful clueless performance from Chelsea this afternoon, so now we have an all Madrid final, when was the last time we had an all London final or even an all England final ?
Hope the weather is nice that day and I can play golf. So much for defensive football, 2-0 up and still attacking. Bet RM whip them in the final.
gillsfan1066

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Thu May 01, 2014 12:53 am

The last all England Champions League Final was back in 2008,when Man Utd beat Chelsea on penaltys.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Return to Football Discussion