Sunderland.

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Sunderland.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:02 am

Can someone explain to me how Sunderland are already relegated with 2 games to go, there sitting on 34 points with a minus- 30 GD, Bolton the first team above the relegation zone have 40 points with 2 games left and a GD of minus- 34. Two wins by Sunderland would give them 40 points,two loses by Bolton unless they scored say 7 goals in the loses and Sunderland only scored 1-0 victories then Sunderland would be safe surly ??
gillsfan1066

Re: Sunderland.

Postby sotongill » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:26 pm

It's because Burton have to play Bolton ; if Burton win , then they are on 41 points which Sunderland can't reach , if Burton draw or lose then Bolton are on either 41 or 43 points which Sunderland can't reach .

So , hopefully , we'll be playing Sunderland again next season .
sotongill

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:27 pm

Thank you Dear Sir, I sat here for ten minutes thinking how much fun it would be to go to Sunderland next season but couldn't understand how they were already down, OK guess I should have thunked a bit harder, hahaha.
Glad your feeling better after your fall, I guessed your Lucky League thingmagic guess was a mistake,600+, anyway have a great trip to Bristol and try and help Mr Lidbit keep his wife off the stage at the Gentlemens Club, I have heard after two verses of YMCA and a couple of lagers and lime she is away, uncontrollable.
Just between me and you and no one else, I heard he actually met her at Tenshi's in Rochester where she was working,gave her every dime of his paycheck from working at the Sewage Works on Motney Hill for six months he was so smitten, but you know ,who knows ,and I am not here to spread rumors.
Have a great day out next Saturday and GO GILLS.
gillsfan1066

Postby sotongill » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:48 pm

LOL 1066 . Sadly I won't be there .

Based my choice on the fact that it was the last away game of the season , which tends to attract a few more than usual .

Probably won't be right , but extremely unlikely to win the competition this year , so who cares :-)
sotongill

Return to Football Discussion