Garath Southgate

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Garath Southgate

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:17 pm

I hope the people picking Englands' next manager spend more time looking before they give the job to Mr. Southgate. I understand he " lives "at the FA HQ, but is his background really good enough for him to lead us into the 2018 World Cup ? I hope the FA is not just looking for a " nice guy " after the debacle of the 67 day reign of King Sam.
Southgates' management career at M'borough hardly set the world on fire, I guess he has done a good job with the England youngsters for what it's worth, but how can you say what he has done when he only has them for a few days every so often, compared to their home teams coaches and what they do every day week in and week out.
I like the fact he is playing young players, but a 2-0 win against the Isle of Sheppy and a scruffy poorly played 0-0 draw ( and what the hell was with all those poor back passes) against a country that maybe .0001 percent of European population know the name of it's capitol, ( and yes it has been there since 1991) doesn't exactly fill me with confidence in us winning the World Cup in Moscow in July 2018.
gillsfan1066

Re: Garath Southgate

Postby Rimshot » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:38 am

If Henderson is considered to be one of your best players and an inspirational captain then there's no hope in sight. What exactly is this guy's skills set supposed to be? Now he can't even pass backwards without giving the ball away and his corner kicks have all the accuracy of a dog and stick session in the local park.
Rimshot

Postby Garawa » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:37 am

He is atrocious, have often wondered what makes him so "good" and worth a big transfer. Wouldn't see Klopp signing him if still at Dortmund. Every now and again he fools people by scoring a great goal and everyone says how great he is again. I'd rather have someone that can play who can pass to a team mate then one who comes up with an occasional screamer. It's Rooney's job to score the stunners.........oh hang on, he don't even get shots in these days!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:16 pm

Southgate has signed a 4 year contract this week.Probably the only English choice at the moment once Allardyce went.Pardew was probably his only competition,but his run has been awful for Palace of late.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby lidbid46 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:26 pm

He's just keeping the seat warm for a few years until Eddie Howe is old enough to take over' win the World Cup and become England's longest lasting manager ever.
lidbid46

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:54 pm

Eddies given up doing the Rugbyee on TVee, I up lad now heee going to beee lined up for next England Football Manager ,good for theeeee lad,good for theeeee.
gillsfan1066

Postby bunburygills » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:46 am

That's if he's not the next Arsenal manager next year.
bunburygills

Return to Football Discussion