Thank you from Bunburygills

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Thank you from Bunburygills

Postby bunburygills » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:01 pm

Sorry it's taken a little longer than I wanted to get back on here but things have been a bit hectic. We're up in Warrington at the moment and tried to get into the Man U. game tonight, but no luck.We're moving around a bit but we plan on getting back to Kent and hopefully one more game before we go home.I just don't know when at the moment. However, we'd like to thank Garawa(Garry)for a great time at the Cricketers pre match and for the announcement at the ground. A very dapper and eloquent gentleman. Also thanks to Rob, Dave and the beautiful Kez, along with her daughter Vicky.Now to the game. I wasn't expecting great things and they didn't disappoint me. The first half was awful, Preston were by far the better team. In fact I was half expecting their goalie to get his deck chair out. I said to a bloke in the toilets at half time that we had no midfield and asked if Gregory was always that bad. He replied that that was unfair picking on him, what about the other 9.It seemed that 90% of all passes were in the air and then there was no control when they did get one.The second half started much better and we looked threatening, then all of a sudden we were 2-0 down.However, we still played better than the first half. I thought the biggest improvement was when Weston came on.He actually looked like a good player.I also liked German when he came on. I thought Kedwell was one of the best players and probably deserved man of the match.The 2 central defenders worked hard as well, but can anybody tell me why Gregory is in the team? Lastly, I couldn't believe Akinfenwa, I've never seen a profession footballer like that.I don't think you really need that in today's game. I've just seen we've won tonight so let's keep are fingers crossed for the future.Thanks again everyone, and for Kez. xx
bunburygills

Re: Thank you from Bunburygills

Postby Garawa » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:02 pm

If you do get to another game Bunbury let us know beforehand (see your private message underneath the site header). Gregory is a bit of an enigma, people get quite defensive over him but it took a long time before he settled into the side. Unfortunately he has more average games than good ones and, as a replacement for Jack Payne from the same level, I think many, justifiably in my opinion, feel he is a lesser option to what we had.

Akinfenwa is deceptively quick for his size and no-one can shrug him off the ball. Unfortunately players bounce off him every time they try and challenge him and win free kicks out of nothing at all. In physical League 2 that was ok but at this level it a waste and a potential goal lost.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION