Notts County (H)

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Notts County (H)

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:12 pm

I wasn`t at the Preston game,and nor did I listen to it as my Laptop is not working.But from what I read fans say we only looked good for the last 20 minutes? Hopefully we can take that 20 minutes in to the Notts County game.These are the sort of Teams we need to be beating if we want to stay up.They have not won away from home yet,and we need to attack them from he start.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Re: Notts County (H)

Postby Kezz » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:13 am

The subs changed the game, Cody was lightweight compared to their defenders, Antonio German seemed to make a massive difference when he came on for Gregory. The pace of the game was very fast, the first half and obviously the first part of the 2nd half, we struggled with that. The positives from the game were that we looked much stronger in the 2nd half, it also gave PT a good look at the side. Hopefully they've all learned from each other, the team need to understand PT's style of play and not hoof the ball up the field.
Kezz

Postby Garawa » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:08 pm

What was most frustrating for me was we went in level at the break after a truly awful first half. We came out and played really well for 8 minutes or so and found ourselves 2 down!!! After that the heads dropped and it was game over in all honesty. When desperation set in we did push forward and go close. This is the difference in this league, teams are happy to bide their time and wait for their moment, we need a ruthless streak and we don't have one available. Radio Kent spoke about how most teams have a dangerous front pair, is that the difference??
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillash » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:33 pm

Are you sure you listened to the game kezz? German didn't play at all, and the rest of your comments don't tie in with what actually happened .?
gillash

Postby Garawa » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:51 pm

No she didn't listen Gillash as she was there and German did play! The thread was about PRESTON with the title of the thread refering to carrying the pressure at the end of that game into last night's game. Perhaps KFG had a point as it clearly happened!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:46 pm

I wasn`t at the game,so did what I usually do when I can`t make the game and listened to gillsplayer.From listening to the game it seemed County had the better of the first 20 minutes,but we scored twice from exploiting their weak defence.They said that they looked weak defensively and I thought if we could get a third goal we would kill the game off.As we saw 2-0 is a dangerous scoreline and once they pulled a goal back it was a very nervy 20 or so minutes.I read a few Tweets that said we looked weaker once we took Gregory off,which shows he was important for us.It was a big win in terms of what it meant,as County will be down there with us all season and you have to beat your rivals at home.I targeted 4-6 points from the two home games,but three is still a good total as we beat a side down there with us.I read County played the better Football and if they had a bit better quality they could have got something,so it`s one win,but an important one.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION