Time for action is now.

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Time for action is now.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:55 pm

If Mr. Scally flies back to the UAE after todays result against Preston, then I am sure I and many others will be very disappointed in him.
This squad no matter who is in charge needs to be strengthen NOW, on loan players here by Monday or Tuesday if Mr Scally and GFC are serious about staying in Division One.
I understand that we can only bring in one or two players but a goal scorer must be found, one home win and one away win after what 12 games and a minus GF /GA is a big disappointment to me, just as I am sure it is to everyone at GFC, Scally probably more than anyone, after all it's his money flowing down the bog .
The time to act is now, even if it means Mrs. S taking a pay cut for a few weeks, lets get out of the relegation zone with some quick fixes today, then do a permanent repair job at Christmas, 12th place this season will do for me very nicely thank you.
gillsfan1066

Re: Time for action is now.

Postby Rimshot » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:47 pm

Let's be clear, once and for all , Scally hasn't ever put money in to the club, he takes it out and in copious quantity. Our payment for going up was 1.3 million pounds, that's certainly more than the annual wage bill of the squad, in one hit. His salary package is at least a quarter of a mill, plus the Bentley and the cleaning lady's 30 grand 'consultancy' deal.

I think we can all see what the priorities are.
Rimshot

Postby Noircat » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:58 am

PDPS wasnt at the game yesterday. He is a chief exec of a company. It's far too easy to knock salaries for so doing.We are so good at that in the UK
Noir (speaking as CEO of his own company)
Noircat

Postby Rimshot » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:59 am

That doesn't alter the facts. The vast majority of league club chairmen, especially in the lower leagues, put money into the club or work pro bono. So the CEO wasn't 'at the office" on duty; bet he still took his salary.
Rimshot

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION