Training.

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Training.

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:12 pm

I just read that the players didn't train on Monday or Wednesday this week. As a semi retired worker, I enjoy only working 2 or 3 days a week, but that is after 36 years of full time work. Why do footballers need so much time off? I believe that training is over by lunch time and doesn't start until about 10 am. Hardly overworked for their £50000 a year, are they? Perhaps a little more time spent together, maybe learning what to do from free kicks or corners, at both ends of the pitch for example, may help not to have a repeat performance of this afternoon! Sorry if I have annoyed anyone; I'm feeling really grumpy at the moment!
lidbid46

Re: Training.

Postby Garawa » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:23 pm

I think everyone would agree with that. We were late sorting the side for the season and are now playing catch-up, they should be training more and not less! I wonder whether the rumours that the players were not behind him are true and this was an attempt to reverse that.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Training.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:40 pm

Every year were late sorting out the squad, I seem to remember the last couple of years we were still signing players only a week or so before the start of the season, going off to Dover to find players ?? One thing missing at GFC and that's confidence, well that and a few wins, which I think is down to the manager.
Think that MA might have gone into this season with a bit of a big head, going up as champions I am sure he thought the worst we could do was finish mid table, time to think again.
In our next 7 games we only play 2 top ten teams, Dons and Preston, the remaining 5 games are all against bottom dwellers like ourselves, so if things don't change by the end of the Carlisle game on the 2nd of November then I can see MA handing in his resignation to save being fired on the 3rd.
If that is the case then please Mr.Scally leave Andy H where he is and doing what ever it is that he is doing ,and find someone different to save us.
But that's the worst scenario, I can see us taking 3 points from Crewe and a point from MKD , 3 from the Shrews and 3 from Notts C a point from Vale and 3 from Carlisle and we will be sitting mid table by Christmas. (I hope and pray)
gillsfan1066

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION