If We Keep Playing Like That......

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

If We Keep Playing Like That......

Postby shoutingman » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:22 pm

We'll be OK.

Just thought I'd say that before Martin Allen or any others of our deluded squad!
shoutingman

Re: If We Keep Playing Like That......

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Well today was no better. What has Callum Davis got to do to get a game? Legge and Barrett have both done well for us but at this level it seems obvious that they cannot play together. The most alarming thing for me today was the number of times Bradford found it so easy to get behind us and then to play the ball into our area without the centre backs getting something on the first ball. When did it become a good idea to allow the ball to bounce in the 6 yard box or to roll straight across it? Also, I'm not sure you will all agree, but why start Beyo before Keds? As soon as Keds came on we looked much more dangerous, although that was not really very hard! Today was the most miserable I have felt at a Gills game since the Wycombe away match which ended Stimsons' time. I doubt whether there are many more passionate Gills fans than me, but today I even left before the final whistle; the first time that I ever remember doing that. I really hope that MA doesn't come out with ridiculous and unrealistic comments about how well we played. Yes, at times we got the ball down and most of the players had good moments. But as a team performance it lacked belief and at times was clueless. How many short passes from midfield and defence went straight to a Bradford player? I know we could have drawn with all the corners at the end, or even won if it turns out that the goal was indeed handball before it went in, but I think that even if we had forced a result I would still be disappointed. I was actually bored for some of today, which I think is another first! Someone make me feel better and tell me that I missed the subplot today and that we were really unlucky and I must have been watching a different game! I await your comments with baited breath!!
lidbid46

Postby Robpthegills » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:23 pm

Today we showed what we are. We are a Div 2 team. We won div 2 and we did not improve the squad. We signed gregory and german who are both div 2 players at the very best.
MA puts whelpdale and Lee together with gregory and german yet keeps his son who is total shite.

Before the game I said I was not worried about relegation despite the poor start. Now I am worried. We were outclassed on every part of the pitch. Akinfenwa is useless. The midfield and the attack do not connect at all.

German, Gregory, Weston, Allen, Akinfenwa are the players who should be gone and most should never have been signed.

Its not like this is news.

In the summer we all said German and Gregory and Akinfenwa were crap signings.
Robpthegills

Postby CadburyMan » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:11 pm

Have you got any bad news for us Rob ? ;) ;) ;)
CadburyMan

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:51 pm

I thought someone said German was the best player on the pitch and tore Gillingham to pieces when he played against us last season, or maybe I have got the wrong player??
Mr. Lidbit the subplot you missed was simple,a very clever one conceived by MA and the Scally under the Gillingham stand late last nite. We loose today, which we did, so part A of the plot was successful, then Crewe put out a weak reserve team thinking they will beat us easily and we beat them, 1-0,( can you see it all coming together) MKD think it was just a fluke and put out a mainly under 17 squad, and we win, SIX POINTS and out of the relegation zone we go. Genius pure genius.
gillsfan1066

Postby Robpthegills » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:40 pm

Lol Cadbury, a little. I thought the pitch looked in good condition :)

Seriously though, everyone looked at the summer signings and questioned them and now MA is doing the same.

How naive to say "This division is better than it used to be when I managed brentford". Sorry but he is being paid a salary to know the quality of a division.

To say he wants to offload german, gregory, whelpdale and Lee as he wants better quality. We gave away better quality for next to nothing with Jack Payne,
everyone who saw German and Gregory last year thought they were awful, yet we still signed them.

I will be there next home game and every game after that, but I do think we have seriously messed up in this summers transfer market.

We just cannot keep the ball.
Robpthegills

Postby Garawa » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:33 pm

I know we could have drawn with all the corners at the end

Since Jackman left, has anyone felt like we were even remotely capable of scoring from a set piece other than a throw? When we get one its like having a throw in our own half! We haven't got anyone that can force a save from the keeper or barely hit the target and every corner almost always falls onto an opposition head!

Signing German and Gregory after a lengthy loan spell only to want to get rid 5 weeks later is an admission of a serious lack of judgement. That follows another serious lack of judgement in getting rid of Essam and Payne. You cannot make those kind of errors at this level!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION