Thanks Notts Cnty

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Thanks Notts Cnty

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:00 pm

Thanks Notts. County for being worse than us. Any one listen to the game or was it on local TV ? Played today in front of 2000 people with a referee called T Kettle, guess that tells you what sort of day it was going to be.
From my end getting bits and pieces of it, it seemed we were played off the park, how did the four transfer listed players do ?
Not in panic mode yet but kind of disappointed, still without the 10 point deduction guess Coventry would be in the top half dozen playing for promotion. When do the easy games get here?
gillsfan1066

Re: Thanks Notts Cnty

Postby CadburyMan » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Despite the whirlwind opening the game, from our viewpoint (in my opinion) was quite dreadful. When we had possession we didn't know how to keep it - too many hopeful punts down the channels.

In the second half we allowed ourselves to be pushed back further and further. We conceded far too much off the ball and in all honesty it was only a matter of time before we went behind. If it wasn't for Messrs Barratt & Nelson we would have been beaten out of sight. It surely will only be a matter of time before someone does that to us if we don't improve.
CadburyMan

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:30 pm

I listened to the game,and by the time I had sat down we were 1-0 down! The response did sound good as Linganzi,and Cody came close to equalising.Cody did then equalise and after that it could have been 3-3 or 5-5 by Half-time.The second half was not great to listen to,I don`t remember a chance for us in the second half and Coventry seemed the only ones who would score which they did.

Another defeat for us,and we`re nearly at the 10 game mark to get a good idea of what is happening.We really need a win on Saturday at home.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:20 am

I just don't know what to think, we appeared to have been played off the park in just about every game, but still have 3 draws against opposition at our end of the table,have been beaten by Wolves and Coventry two teams I think will go up this year and a couple of wins for us, a couple of losses for a few others and we could be banging on the door of the top ten.
In the same breath, a couple of bad results and say a draw in the next three and I think then the Titanic known as GFC will be heading for the iceberg.
gillsfan1066

Postby CadburyMan » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:44 pm

"it could have been 3-3 or 5-5 by Half-time"

Not sure what game the radio commentator(s) were watching because it wasn't the same game I saw yesterday; could easily have been 3-1 by half time and certainly double that at full-time
CadburyMan

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:07 pm

CadburyMan wrote: "it could have been 3-3 or 5-5 by Half-time"

Not sure what game the radio commentator(s) were watching because it wasn't the same game I saw yesterday; could easily have been 3-1 by half time and certainly double that at full-time

They did keep saying it could have been 3-3 atleast,but also did a huge amount of waffling as usual.But I do take their coverage with a pinch of salt most times.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Garawa » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:22 pm

Peter Lloyd said after 12 minutes we could be 3-1 ahead with Cody and Linganzi going close before Cody scored the equaliser. I thought playing Kedwell deep as a midfielder would work but only in with attacking wide men. To then take Cody off and replace with a midfielder almost sounded like a 4-6-0 formation or at least with Kedwell up front on his own and we all know how that works out! I would have been happy to take the draw but it was suicide to sit back so much, and against a side that seem so vulnerable to conceding goals. Had we attacked maybe we might have got the winner instead. At least losing when trying to win a game would have felt better!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:26 pm

I don't remember us having a chance in the second half,it did feel like we was after a draw.I do think Cody should play every game if fit.Goalscorers tend to do well with a run of games.Cody is more likely than anyone to grab a goal in my opinion.Like you Gary I do wish we attacked and went for the winner,rather than sitting back and conceding anyway.

Kent_UckyFriedGills

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION