Rumour Thread

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Rumour Thread

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:32 pm

I thought I would make a Rumour thread so we can put Gills rumours on this page.I did it before on other Forums and it is surprising how long it got once the season was finished :) .

The Daily Star have linked us with Gazzaniga on loan.I reckon it is lazy journalism as we`re his former Club.Southampton do want to loan him out,but we have a very good keeper already in Nelson,and Young Howard on the bench.There is no point having two good Keepers when Nelson is likely to play 40+ games.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... Gillingham
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Re: Rumour Thread

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:45 pm

Read the same rumor in the Chicago Sun Times Soccer Sports Section today page 64. Along with the big story of The Chicago Fire's failure to beat Toronto last nite, the was a small article that stated Nelson at Gillingham FC.was going to have the number 1 removed from his shirt and replaced with the number 9 , and starting Sunday he himself would be replaced by Southampton's number 2 keeper in goal, and Nelson would be playing on the Gills forward line in the hope he might bang in a goal or two.
Maybe just a rumor but sounds good to me.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:17 pm

I heard that one too. I would be annoyed if it happened as it would be a waste of money and not the type of player we need.

Don't normally do this but as this is a rumour thread why not! A strikers of ours lives in the same village as my wife's colleague. He has said that the manager and Scally have fallen out and that he is looking at bringing in Peter Taylor! Didn't mention it on the other thread as I tend to not speculate a lot but why not here!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:35 pm

I don`t know about you,but I have noticed for the last few weeks Allen has lost his personality that he has.He does not have that same jokey character that he had all last season.Something is not right.I do hope that rumour is not true as Allen deserves to be respected and given time to turn it around.Also should Allen leave do we really want to go back to an old Manager? It didn`t work with Hess.Hopefully Allen can get a win very soon and any talk of him leaving is forgotten about.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:08 pm

Spent the afternoon in that same village looking round every corner just you know looking to see if I could find that 19 year old chickie, thought I might be able to have a chat and a 10p De Machio's ice cream cone with her.
Anyway when I could not find her, I went to get myself a sticky bun from the bakery , bumped into someone who happened to be the wife of one of your wives co workers, wwwwwwooooooooooowww wwwwwwooooooooowwwwww, (thanks Kezz) who the hell needs 19 year olds ?
gillsfan1066

Postby sotongill » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:49 pm

De Machios , 1066 .

That takes me back . :)
sotongill

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION