Anyone go??

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Anyone go??

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:38 pm

Anyone on here go to the game ? Never get a report on this site from any Gills matches which is always a bit disappointing, not asking for a 12 page document just maybe a few lines of truth about the game. Read the ESPN report of the game , did Gillingham play ? The whole thing was how wonderful Bristol City were and oh yes Gillingham scored a goal but Bristol with it's..........................
gillsfan1066

Re: Anyone go??

Postby shoutingman » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:00 pm

Well yes, ok then.
We were good for about 10/15 minutes, then they took over. We managed to get a goal from a long throw in and a head from The Big Man.
They equalized just before half time with a bit of a free header from a cross from the left.
In the second half they played us off the park to be honest, Nelson made several decent stops, although we could have nicked it near the end but Cody chose not to shoot on a couple of occasions.
I was in the States up until the Friday Gills Fan. Left Cape Cod Friday morning 10.00am (your time). Got to Heathrow around 9.00am (our time).
Cup of tea, spot of lunch, half an hour's kip and went to the match. Should've stayed in bed!
There's definitely a lot more quality in this league than in Div 2. Hope we can step up sooner rather than later.
shoutingman

Re: Anyone go??

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:41 pm

Cape Cod one of my favorite fish and chip restaurants, that and the Cod Piece, lol. No love Cape Cod, have a friend that has a vacation home somewhere on the left coast, I think about half way to Providence. Keep promising myself that I am going to go there in the middle of winter, lock myself in for a couple weeks and read all the books and watch all the movies I have promised myself I would one day read and watch.
Hope you had a good time, we have stayed at Blue Rock before and also played the small Links course a couple of times by the Light House.
As for Gillingham, think we are in for a long season and as of this second I would very happily settle for a 15 th place finish, all a bit different from last year, lol.
Thanks for the report, playing Orient tonight in the Cup rite ?
gillsfan1066

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION