Special offers

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Special offers

Postby lidbid46 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:12 pm

Just seen via Gary on FB that Gills are offering yet more offers, this time two games for ten pounds each. I am beginning to wonder whether my season ticket purchase was such a good idea or whether I would have been better off waiting for all the offers to come through! I understand the point of the offers and was happy to see more people in the ground on Saturday, but I do think the club need to be careful not to alienate their ST holders who they rely on to cough up the cash which sees them over the close season. What special goodies are we being offered? We even have to pay for the JPT games. Not really moaning - far too happy to moan about anything, but I do think it could become a legitimate grumble before long!!
lidbid46

Re: Special offers

Postby Garawa » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:31 am

I do agree, although this offer was also run last season as well. I suppose the kids for a quid offer was also different as it may have allowed ST holders to bring children that they don't normally who then maybe have their own next season.

I believe these offers are the managers attempt to fill the ground rather than Scally's and I suppose there is no other way to do it. I do think current holders need to be incentivised as well, I suppose if we went up it would be to hold prices but then that's what they did this season.

It's a tricky one really. I suppose the only way to look at it is that if there were 10 games set at a tenner a ticket and you attended every league game, would you still have saved money by buying a season ticket?
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby bananaman » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:16 pm

season ticket holders get a discount on all 23 home league games plus freinds for a fiver.I'm sure if you add up the deals at end of season and paying full price for other games your still better off as a st holder.
#baconrituals
#Champions by christmas
bananaman

Postby Garawa » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:35 pm

It doesn't feel like it but that is right. The current full price for the Rainham End is stated as £368 but could have been bought discounted during the pre-sale. I flippantly said ten £10 tickets but even if that was to be so, thirteen games at the matchday price of £23 would take the total for all games to £399 so still a hefty saving.

Garawa

Postby bananaman » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:34 pm

especially good value if you took the earlbird deal at £320
#baconrituals
#Champions by christmas
bananaman

Postby lidbid46 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:51 pm

Ok, I give up, stop ganging up on me! I know you are right, and if more people become regulars then that is good.
lidbid46

Postby Garawa » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:34 pm

Haha Lidbid. Let's hope lots of these kids catch the bug and realise live football is better than the tv.

Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION