Couldn´t help but laugh..

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Couldn´t help but laugh..

Postby Snackboyslim » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:58 pm

At Charltons effort to yet again try and poach fans from our potential fan base by offering 5.00 entrance fee, only to lose the game against ´high flying´ Barnsley.
As Kez said to me on Saturday, it´s the Gills that usually lose when they offer discounted ticket prices to try and fill Priestfield, so it was nice to rub it right in their faces with our highest attendance of the season and a 4-1 thrashing of a good side to keep us top of the league.

In fairness, i´m not sure which fan offer was first, but I have my suspicions don´t you??

What is a fact though, is there was no mention of Gillinghams kids for a quid offer on the BBC South East program the friday before, however....

´Charlton will be hoping for their biggest gate of the season with a special offer on matchday tickets´ Chirped their sports pundit.

Is this just shambollick marketing by the Gills, or favourtism for the London club??

Still havn´t, and never will forgive them for the past.
Snackboyslim

Re: Couldn´t help but laugh..

Postby The Pieman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:18 pm

Unusual for Scally to miss out on an opportunity to sell the club and dish the dirt on others. You would think he would have his PR people all over it. Still, Charlton get what they deserve, they should stick to their own catchment.
The Pieman

Postby Garawa » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:45 pm

I agree. I heard about many teams and their discounted tickets, not sure the Kick It Out campaign had any bearing on it but but was highly coincidental. I can't remember which team it was now that was mentioned so a few were all discounting ticket prices. Come to think of it, only one team wasn't mentioned about that. Now let me think, who was it again...............?
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Rimshot » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:45 am

Part of the problem is that Scally doesn't have any PR people ....he does the job himself.
Rimshot

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION