Man City era!

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Man City era!

Postby charliefhead » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:02 pm

Well first of all I would like to say a very big hello to everyone here, and there are already so many familiar 'usernames' which I regularly used to enjoy discussing all things Gills on the official forum. It is been a very long time since I have been on there or really taken part in the forums.

Despite attending the Gills games on a less than regular basis than I used too I have continued to take an active interest in the Blue Boys or is it now the mainly Red Boys. I have seen a number of games now at the Priestfield this season and following yesterday's game the discussion home was is this the best Gills side since the Man City era? I think the team then with Robert Taylor and Carl Asaba still ranks as the best Gills team ever, and this current team has someway to go to match it but what a start!!!

Big respect to Mad-dog, whilst we may have been 'competitive' under Hessy, Allen has certainly shown how to win games but importantly defend! Here is hoping we can keep hold of Flanagan and retain Wright.
charliefhead

Re: Man City era!

Postby Garawa » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Great to see another new name and welcome. May I ask what username you used on the old board as it helps to build up a picture of the user if we have spoken plenty before. New users always welcome anyhow.

I think its a hard one to call. Going by the change in players and the actual record we stand on, I would say this team is better when comparing who you are against. Of course those teams of the late nineties will always have some of the best players and the like but we are currently on course to break a few records as things stand. A long way to go and it will change at some point but the chance we have when compared to all previous seasons is immense.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby The Pieman » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:36 pm

Having been a regular attende from 78 onwards - I have not been so much in the last few years. Yesterday was my first of the current season and have to say I was mightily impressed. I could not help but to chuckle to myself when I heard the chants of "Super Super Dan" as Keds left the field, it reminded of the "Super Bob" days which were realy halycon days compared with much of the 80's, 90's and 00's.

Looking forward to more regular visits once again.
The Pieman

Postby Kezz » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:15 pm

Charlie was always Charlie. Welcome back mate.
Kezz

Postby Garawa » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:17 pm

Before my time then, LOL!

Garawa

Postby Kezz » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:36 pm

Probably.
Kezz

Postby charliefhead » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:56 am

Hello all!

Hi Garawa, as Kezz rightly said my username was charliefhead but known as charlie. Good to be here. Come on you Gills!!
charliefhead

Postby Garawa » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:27 pm

Great to see new people and here and the more the merrier.

Even more so from people who stopped using or just read the old board. With no way of promoting to those users word of mouth is the next best thing.

Garawa

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION